Teens from Catholic School in MAGA hats mock and intimidate Native American Elder

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Driftwood Gypsy, Jan 20, 2019.

1. All racism is the same. So all racist terms are equally repugnant.

Unless there's some good kinds of racism?!?!?!

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Nah. Some terms are clearly more repugnant than others

Meliai likes this.
  3. Some animals are more equal than others.

4. goodearth

goodearth Member

5. Asmodean

It has nothing to do with that.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If we are all the same race, how can certain words be racist? By acknowledging a word used for racial characteristics you are acknowledging that said race is different. If someone drops the N word you think of black skinned folks, then you must be racist.

7. goodearth

goodearth Member

8. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

Because of even a very basic understanding of history.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah but we're all the same remember?

So if you call someone the N word, well you're just a N word too, so it shouldn't matter. Lol? :p

So the opposite would imply that, if I drop the N word, and YOU got offended, you're the one that's racist because you're acknowledging that person to be different to you, but between the other person and I, we're just a coupla Ns havin' a gas bag, ya know? We're staring at your weird ass wandering what this N problem is. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

WritersPanic likes this.
  10. GuerrillaLorax

If colorblindess were real, then yes, technically. But so long as we live in a white-supremacist society, then that is not the case at all.

11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Smollett fucked up big time, but the fact that he was initially believed is a good indication of where this nation currently stands.

12. GuerrillaLorax

And in any hypothetical post-racial society, the N word and all other racial slurs wouldn't be in existence anymore. Because of the brutal racist past of those words.

WritersPanic likes this.
  13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

There'd just be a bunch of assholes. I don't wanna live in a world like that. :p

14. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Haha is that different than our current world?

Irminsul likes this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Probably not lol. Just trying to have a laugh but. :)

McFuddy likes this.
  16. Asmodean

All kidding aside, its the context other people give it. So just because some people regard every homo sapiens as one and the same race doesn't mean they're at odds with their own logic when they're talking about racism or race.
    Edit: or are acknowledging there's some differences between different ethnicities
    I don't mind either way, but are you saying there's no serious thought in those posts there at all? I have the feeling you act like you're only having a laugh because (as you said before) you have a hard time expressing your thoughts on this matter. For a large part because you think you would wrongly be put away as a racist.
    I emphasize i don't ask this to corner you or make you look a certain way. I liked when you made that post about we're being kind of subject to our primal senses and behavior where it comes to initial thoughts about others.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well I don't think I really use racist names for people. I mean if I do say the N word there's no malice behind it I'm just being a goof kinda like how I posted. I wouldn't actually call someone that if I thought it was going to upset. Is like when a white person comes to the pub of white people and says whuttup Ns! Like that's not in a racist context for me, it's just goofing off, no malice.

When I was in Atlanta and there ass big fight behind pub and a man say "you seriously let that N touch you?" then I can see that's bad and in bad context.

But really I don't like the word and I thinks it's distasteful even when black folks use it.

18. goodearth

goodearth Member

19. quark

quark Parts Unknown

@GuerrillaLorax, if I buy you a ticket to Beijing will you spout this shit off in the middle of Tiananmen square?

20. Asmodean

The average Beijing citizen gives a shit about this topic or discussion?