Teens from Catholic School in MAGA hats mock and intimidate Native American Elder

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Driftwood Gypsy, Jan 20, 2019.

1. goodearth

goodearth Member

They were taunting the native Americans too:

2. Dude, smirk is powerful medicine. Wars have been fought over a smirk from a disrespectful brave.

3. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Haven't really noticed that. CNN and MSNBC have given lots of coverage to the Norton incident and how absurd his claim that it wasn't him after he apologized for it was. The overwhelming consensus seems to be that Northam has to go. As additional footage became avilable providing context, media coverage of the high schooler turned more nuanced.

MeAgain likes this.
  4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I don't know what you mean by media 'outrage.' Coverage? Out of curiosity I turned to Google News and the second story was about the situation with the Virginia Democrat Party. So no, I haven't noticed anything unusual.

MeAgain likes this.
  5. deleted

deleted Visitor

doubt this lawsuit will go very far..

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Still with this ?

Orison likes this.
  7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No I haven’t noticed and he’s being pressured from both side to resign.

Several governors from surrounding states such as Maryland's Gov Hogan has demanded his resignation.

Btw How appropriate the Lieutenant Governor is African American

8. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

But a woman is accusing the second in line of sexual assault, and the third in line has a blackface problem of his own.

9. If it was only 1 I'd agree. But several of the entities and people they're going after made the mistake of doubling down instead of backing down. That will complicate things for them. Sure the massive outlets with teams of lawyers will probably be OK. Or they'll settle to keep their own names out of the news.

At some point we have to take people to task for the illegal things they do instead of seeing this in the "business as usual" vernacular. And libel as well as slander are illegal. And for good reason.

The people who made threats, like the bomb threats against the school and such, are legally fucked. But, they likely don't have $2 to spare, so they'll be hollow judgments at best.

10. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

11. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

This is not the case at all. What white racists say is that other cultures owe their civilization to them.

The natives here rarely went to war and when they did it was to protect their people or because they ran out of land. Kind of the same idea as the second amercement no? You must protect your tribe. The vikings are the same way. With both of them they had a reputation for when they did. Often enough of a reputation that maybe there did not need to be a war. The myth of the "savage" among white colonists was a very intimidating one. Often in old times they would run away from the village when they heard the Vikings were coming. No sense in fighting them!

Without white people colonizing North America it's very likely the native people here would have come into contact with modern ideas and technology around the same time as Europe and Asia. It's really ignorant to say they would live like it's 1600 forever since they don't have the brains to do more. Sounds like you mean this. One of my good friends is a native they don't live in tipis anymore they have houses like you and me with cable.

Keep in mind who kept white people alive over those first winters. Remember who gave them food and taught them how to hunt. White people did not do this on their own.

granite45 likes this.
  12. Right, because the Europeans had no clues about hunting until they got to the new world?

And "rarely went to war"? How can that claim even be measured? Or is that the point?

13. unfocusedanakin

It can be measured though history. I am not saying there was never wars but they were more rare then wars in Europe at the time.

The colonists did not understand for example what plants are good and which are poison. They did not have these plants in their home land. Sure they understood the concept of hunting an animal. But they did not have the supplies to survive the winter.

14. It appears to have been yet another hoax. This time very elaborate with paid actors who purchased the rope.

So was Jussie homophobic against himself? That would be seriously conflicted. He should seek therapy. After apologizing in public for being a racist liar.

I doubt that last bit will come to pass. Why? Well, because "it COULD have happened" will become the new narrative as we try to put the lie behind us and find a reason to celebrate a guy who clearly hates people for being white and conservative.

This hoax could have easily cause innocent people to be attacked as "retribution". Remember all those "this be fo Tryavon" excuses to beat up lone white people? Of course not, nobody remembers racial attacks against white people. Even that kid who was kidnapped and tortured has been forgotten.

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Not necessarily, I still remember Reginald Denny the white truck driver who was dragged out of his truck during the LA riots and beaten senseless.

I condemned the brothers (Now known as the L.A. four) who lost control over their emotions.

16. goodearth

goodearth Member

17. unfocusedanakin

Meme does not take into account the background of the people.

MAGA hat= people assume you are racist. has nothign to do with whiteness
    TV star= has given people no reason to doubt him before.

18. So far the only examples I have seen of "people assume you are racist" over a hat have been unhinged jerks attacking people in public and on various cameras. I realize that repeating the message is important, but where on earth does this "hat means racism" line originate? And I mean the real kind of racism, personal and steeped in hate.

Not the "oh you disagree with me, you must be a racist" bullshit that's all over the web these days. I remember people getting beat up and shot over hats in the 80s. It was just as stupid then, so I fail to see what you hope to gain by fanning the flames of violence like this. And calling people racists out of hand like that is certainly a call to arms.

Violence is lame, in any direction. Really, there's just nothing cool about it. Even musing about shit happening to everyone right of Jimmy Carter is lame.

As for "whiteness", have you ever heard a more racist term?

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yes. Lol

Asmodean likes this.