Tea vs brownies

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by EricF1976, Jul 8, 2019.

1. EricF1976

EricF1976 Jedi Knight

I am wondering if infused tea would be better than brownies? I ask this because I am watching the amount of carbohydrates that I consume. I drink tea constantly and suffer from severe anxiety/panic/depression. I've done edibles but it is difficult for me to only nibble just a tiny bit. The last time I ate a half I slept more than 15 hours and was really high. I would appreciate any advice that one might have.

2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

THC is not water soluble.

3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

infused milk would be better. hot chocolate.

4. EricF1976

EricF1976 Jedi Knight

Thank you. Much appreciated.

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Your question in rather confusing, since it raised a combination of issues.
    Tea itself is rarely an issue, but sugar added to it is the fastest way to end up in your blood and end up deposited as fat.

Milk added to the tea would only add to the problem if you suffer any type of dairy intolerance,

Sugar in the brownies is again a problem, but the cereal content and fat would break down slowly and should keep pace during conversion to your bodies requirements, however, if you are not active, is may follow the sugar / fat conversion route.

To me, the most likely cause of the problem is the chocolate.
    Although we consume vast quantities of it, in a high percentage of people it triggers all sorts of reactions, often without them realizing it. These include mild nausea and headaches, which can lead to anxiety and depression. Although chocolate is often fatal when fed to a dog, we rarely associate it with human illness.
    I would be REALLY worried if your body shut down for 15 hours after eating ANY food, unless it followed a long period of physical activity or prior sleep deprivation.
    I would put you on a 24 hour cardiac monitor.!!!!!

I would strongly advise not eating chocolate in ANY form for a month and looking at the results. A harmless experiment that could possibly do you a lot of good in the long term. Remember that chocolate is processed and can be combined with other allergy inducing substances, including trans-fats in a few cases of cheap chocolate used in baking.

You need to look at the causes of anxiety and depression, before treating the symptoms. Pills should be an ABSOLUTELY last resort when your lifestyle becomes intolerable and every effort should be made to prevent them from becoming addictive..

6. EricF1976

EricF1976 Jedi Knight

Okay. Re-reading my post...I can see where it may be confusing and for that many apologies. (I was kind of high when typing as usual lol). According to some sources I have read you can make tea by boiling ground cannabis buds. And you can buy it premade as well in canisters. I also like "magic" brownies but I do have to contend with carbs and not always sure I can just nibble a corner without eating the whole thing. So the question is this: Would I be better off with the tea or is there a way to make the brownies with less sugar but will still be effective?

7. Eric_J_76

Eric_J_76 Members

I think you might be better off with brownies.

8. highlander69

highlander69 Members

I like brownies...I can t smoke fucked up lungs But takes while before hits ya so easy to eat to much.. trying to learn how much ?? but Every time I have wife bake me some I ,easure it out trying figure out a good amount...Tuff tho and so much pot is diff

9. Eric_J_76

Eric_J_76 Members

It is difficult to gauge because pot is stronger these days then back in the day. My rule of thumb is to take just a nibble. It can take up to 90 minutes before you get the full effects. I don't smoke so the edibles are my usual way.

highlander69 likes this.
  10. highlander69

highlander69 Members

same with me