Tea or coffee?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Joshua Tree, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

I drink mostly black coffee, with the odd cup of tea. What's your preference?

2. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Supporters Lifetime Supporter HipForums Supporter

Definitely COFFEE, and like you - I drink it black (with an added tot of Brandy). Tea I won't touch at all - errgh yuk !!!

Joshua Tree likes this.
  3. wilsjane

wilsjane Members

Having worked at a pub in her younger days my late mother rarely drank alcohol. But in the winter she always sneaked a tot of whiskey into her first cup of tea in the morning to keep her warm while she was lighting the coal fires.
    She could remember her mother doing the same when she was a child back in 1903.

Joshua Tree likes this.
  4. wilsjane

wilsjane Members

98% tea 2% coffee in my case. Jane has never drunk coffee and all 3 of our children drink roughly the same ratio as me.

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment

Coffee

Tea is composted leaves in hot water... That's the same as what swamp water is.

Joshua Tree likes this.
  6. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill HipForums Supporter

I tend to drink Tea at home - but Coffee when away from it.
    - Tea/Tea bags can differ when ordering out (Fruit/flavoured can be the exceotion) so like to know what kind and for how long the fusion brewd, so easier to have control thereof
    - Coffee and their different strengths may fall into the same category but generally the types have a standard taste - so that (with/without 'additional flavoring' ) Coffee is my external keeper upper

Joshua Tree likes this.