tbs8920 dvb pci card

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by desert-rat, May 27, 2013.

1. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

2. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I remember PCI, it was way better than ISA so motherboard manufacturers started putting them above the ISA slots, and gradually they included less (say only 2) ISA slots until they disappeared, along with ISA soundblaster cards and ISA modems...I remember when K56flex V.92 modems were hot shit, annonying when you got dropped out of a chatroom tho ;-)...but you could connect from ANYWHERE...anywhere with a telephone line, we didn't have wifi then.

3. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

4. AceK

Hmm, I thought satellite tv broadcast was access restricted, didn't know you could still get tv for free except off the air? That would be cool if I didn't have to pay my cable bill.

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

fta sat feeds are crap

6. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

7. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I used to have one back in the good old days of Dishnet emulation. MyTheater was the main PC app that ran the access card emulator files. Last I heard, a few years back there was some private underground pay services that used IKS (internet key sharing) to unlock some channels. It was a very unreliable, not to mention IP traceable, last ditch hacking effort. I have no idea if this still goes on or if Dishnet has completely squashed all hacking by now.

8. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

9. AceK

An IP address is just a number...32 bits (for IPv4)_written in decimal but computers and network hardware only see the binary, just one 32 bit word really, and while you read from left to right, machines read it from right to left, starting at the LSB to the MSB in the word, just like a MAC address, except they're 48 bits and expressed in HEX for human readability, and split into 6 octets, the first 3 being unique to the vendor and the last 3 being unique to each piece of physical (or logical) hardware. I can make the MAC address anything I want tho, and if you're worried about it, you can make you're external IP address appear as something else.

The only thing you can know from an IP address is what ISP they are using, or if they are part of a particular subnet on a network...to get an actual name...you would have to ask the ISP, and that requires a court order, which I don't think is likely for something like that who knows though. If you're worried about it, do it in ghost mode.

I really fucked up a facebook account, totally locked them out, and left messages and changes to make things look, well a certain way. They contacted facebook and reported me to the cyberpolice apparently...said it had to be me because they don't know anyone else who could do such a thing (that's pathetic, it was piece of cake if you've got time on ur hands) and I left a sort of signature, so they would know it was me, but couldn't prove it for sure.

NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENED...cuz if they really actually investigated that shit (and who really cares about facebook shit like that?)....IT WOULD APPEAR EXACTLY AS IF THEY DID ALL OF THAT THEIR OWN DAMN SELF!!! Hint: don't look at everything someone says to check out, tell me what you think, that's cool right, you might be stepping into something that's carefully set up,...you can make facebook apps to do all kinds of stuff, and all kinds of information gather, and facebook tells you how to do it, on their website, but I don't fuck with facebook anymore, cuz I'd rather be spared the bullshit.

10. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

11. AceK

never said I was "really good" at hacking, mostly social engineering (it's easier than trying to straight up pwn a facebook server or dns), tiny bit "hacking", but hacking is such a broad term...any particular thing that someone wants to hack, they have to learn the intracacies of that thing.

12. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

I know there is a hack out there some where , but there keeping it private , dtv and dn have good lawyers .

13. AceK

find a wep AP....and use it to connect to the internet, not traceable if you change your mac address...and they'd have to go back and look at the AP logs, and even if you didn't change your mac address, they'd have to have probable cause and already suspect it was you, then kick your door in a seize your computer to see what the MAC address of your network adaptor is.

ifconfig
    ifconfig down wlan0 (you may see something different depending on what network adapters are installed)
    macchanger wlan0 -a (or -r) to get any vendor or random MAC, or macchanger wlan0 --mac=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
    ifconfig
    ifconfig up wlan0
    airmon-ng start wlan0
    airodump-ng -w /etc/xxx...dump.cap -c "x" --bssid xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx mon0
    aireplay-ng -3 -b xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx mon0
    aircrack-ng /etc/xxx...dump.cap

sumthin' like that but you'd have to fuck around with it...sometimes shit is a tiny bit different, or you get a bitch reply, there's not that many WEP AP's in this building....you can always read the info or man pages for those tools, as they say RTFM.