Taylor/Macon West CentralGA

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by inthegroove70, Apr 8, 2007.

1. inthegroove70

inthegroove70 Member

What is that part of the state like??!!
    Thinking about visiting this summer...tons of relatives i've never even met.
    Fathers side of the family has relatives in Butler....Mt. Pisgah cemetary is where lots of my relatives are buried.
    Where do you go swimming/camping/fishing?

2. SpreadneckGA

SpreadneckGA Member

I have some Family in Butler as well and Ft Valley. You are not my cousin, are you?

3. Old Stoner

Old Stoner Member

Same as any other place - just watch out for the gangstas, thugs, and rednecks.

4. zenguitar420

zenguitar420 Guest

Haha macon is quiet it's like goin into the twilight zone after
    spending time in Atlanta or any other bigger city - been to Butler
    twice it's even quieter than Macon or at least was when I visited.
    But I tend to stay in my backyard (Atlanta) :) There's plenty of
    places where you're going to swim, camp and fish though. You'll
    have no trouble finding opportunities for that.

5. tomorrow_never_knows

tomorrow_never_knows Member

I've lived in Macon for all 19 years of my life, and it sucks to live here, especially after coming back from college in Nashville. However, if you're coming in to visit someone, you can have a blast for a few days. There's not a whole lot to do around Macon, but it's relatively quiet, and the police are way underfunded and understaffed, so you usually won't get busted for anything if you aren't being ridiculously obvious and aren't hanging out in South Macon really late.

6. Perennial Love

Perennial Love Guest

I live in macon, i'm 18...I must say that Macon is one of the most boring places I have ever been to. There is secret fun downtown, sometimes. Most ppl are closed-minded. When you finally find good people it's like an amazing breath of fresh air.
    Tomorrow never knows....What school did you attend? Just graduated from Westside

7. tomorrow_never_knows

tomorrow_never_knows Member

I went to Tattnall up through 8th grade and then went to Stratford for high school. I know that there's a sometimes well-deserved perception that Stratford kids are rich, spoiled white kids. There were a good number of those kids, but my guardians are retired teachers, so I assure you 'm not part of that. Macon is quite close-minded, and this really hit home after a year at college. I really think that there is nothing in this town that is marketed towards people our age.

8. SpreadneckGA

SpreadneckGA Member

I went to Windsor Academy.

9. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

macon.

tsk tsk.