Tattoos... Yours, Ones you Want, Stories, Other...

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by TattoedAquarian, Jan 22, 2005.

1. TattoedAquarian

TattoedAquarian Senior Member

^^ Best of Luck!

2. Gr8fulyDeadicated

Gr8fulyDeadicated Member

cool for you if that's what you want - did you get that done at a shop?

my hubby's been inkin for 20 years, he pretty much never does a hand or neck tattoo the first time somebody asks him to unless they already have visible ink. i agree with him, even though it's money turned down. it's a major life-changing decision.

he did do some guy's knuckles last year, 'hard core' - but the guy already had 'unstable' in one inch letters around his neck, and damn, did he ever try to live up to that! what a freak.

3. TattoedAquarian

^^
    Yeah - I have a few friends who are tat artists and they have the same policy... I stand by them on it.

4. TattoedAquarian

I watched someone get the inside of their lip tattooed yesterday... Usually i'm pretty tough about getting inked or watching others get something done but that just seemed so painful to me... - Don't think i could bring myself to get a tat their...

5. element7

element7 Random fool

I've got 3 thus far and working on a fourth that connects across my back. It's a sun design where the beams cross and shed light on the big flaming skull I got during a very dark period in life. I keep the skull (rather than cover up) because it's a milestone marker. The sun/beams sort of a there was this, and then this happenned! The guy that designed and did the skull tat though had a great prop to his buisiness. He was also a gourmet chef so when you payed for the tat you also got a gourmet meal. We had blackened catfish, linguini alfredo (real sauce), and bananas foster for desert! I swear the dude had six arms. btw, anybody knows this gentleman, tell Pete hi and let me know will ya?

6. Fernanda

Fernanda Member

I have 9 tatoos and 11 piercings...
    (I'm pretty my tenth tattoo after the summer)
    All my tattoos have a special meaning...
    ;)
    I have a weird ass looking sun on my right leg (my very first tattoo)
    An unicorn on my left shoulder
    The Deftones "white pony" in red tho on my right shoulder
    A tribal (sea waves) around my right ankle
    A sea horse on my left ankle
    A clove-tribal on my lower back
    A guardian angel on my upper back
    A lil heart on my left ankle
    and a broken peace sign on my left ankle..

I'm planning to get a tribal moon on the inside of my left arm!

I loooove tattoos...
    Getting a tattoo for me is a way of expressing myself...
    Plus...I loooove this kind of pain...:p

Fer:sunglasse

7. Gr8fulyDeadicated

Gr8fulyDeadicated Member

yeah, my hubby's had the inside of his bottom lip tattoed several times - it doesn't stay long, you can't even see a mark from any of them. the skin is very thin & regenerates.

8. Syntax

Syntax Senior Member

Wouldn't mind a huge peace sign on my chest, OM on my back, Linux mascot Tux on on the left arm, and FreeBSD mascot daemon on the right.

9. TattoedAquarian

What do you guys think about the tat of the watch around their wriest with the time "4:20" on it?

10. Gr8fulyDeadicated

Gr8fulyDeadicated Member

a wrist tattoo can be quite delicate - my friend has one that fits under her watch. if that's what you'd like to do, be sure to take a watch that's the size and shape you'd normally wear with you when you get the tattoo.

also, keep in mind that the inner wrist is very sensitive.

as for the actual design, yeah, 4:20 is cool but not for me. that's all the cops would need for 'probable cause'. of course, they really don't need anything to claim probable cause, so that's a moot point, never mind...

11. goofydrummer

goofydrummer Senior Member

i find it weird to think that a piece of art would last on my skin for the rest of my life. I would be sad seing my original skin being altered

12. moe.chick

moe.chick Member

i have my eyes of the world around my right ankle. it is a grey and white celtci looking eye. I am planning on extending it and adding some lotus flowers.

I also have someone designing a horseshoe with the moe. logo in it brand that i am going to get on the right lower back/upper buttock area. also in the grey/white color.

13. TattooedSagittarius

TattooedSagittarius Member

i currently have sic tattoos, it all started when i was 16 with charlie. he is a gargoyle on the right leg, add in chinese symbols for good and evil and each shoulders, a beautiful tribal peaice on my back, thourgh in my last name in old english (gangsta yes, but damn it i wanted ink and i was going to get it) and an eyeball with some nails going through and i got a lot of angry family memebers

14. sitting zen

sitting zen Member

I am lacking in the tattoo department, but I'm going to get the buddhist knot (google image search for it... it's really cool) on my back. My lower back, I believe, in a black outline, maybe fill the inside with dark red (not even sure if I want it filled... I'm plain).

Oh, and I saw this tribal-ish thing that I'd kind of like on my shoulderblade. Can't describe it because I'm a moron.

Note the stylish back theme... I don't ever want to worry about covering stuff should I end up working in an office or something, yanno?

15. mistkgarden922

mistkgarden922 Member

I have 11 tats. My first one is on my right shoulder blade a sun and a moon its only outlineds exsept I cooled the suns eyes a light blue cause my boy that went with me had ice blue eyes and I wanted him eched into that memory even more premant, The second was tribal work they kinda look like two shooting quarter moons on top and under my naval, then I got a sun all cazy collored in the small of my back ( the iks suppose to glow in black light I cant see it so I couldn't tell ya if it really does or not) Then I added a white tiger comming down my back his front paws are holding the sun, then I got a tribal peacock on my right hip, I have a tribal flower peice on my left bicept and celtic notwork on my right bicept, I have the chinese caracter for streghth on my right forarm and the one for spirt on my left (so together it means strong sprit) then I have the tibian sandsrit buddist chant OM MAN PAM MA under a lotus flower with mistical light comming out of it around the OM sign on my right leg. I think thats all I have. I want tons more I manly want to add more to all my pieces.

16. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I have a daisy tattoo on my stomach, and I want to get an anklet of vines and butterflies.

17. TattoedAquarian

One of the tattoo shops in my town got busted for accepting sexual favors in exchange for doing tats and piercings for someone... (I won't mention their name to protect the innocent and the guilty)

18. TattoedAquarian

[​IMG]

I drew it myself! (And it's not crooked, my shoulder blade is just sticking out all weird)