Tattoos... Yours, Ones you Want, Stories, Other...

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by TattoedAquarian, Jan 22, 2005.

1. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

2. TattoedAquarian

TattoedAquarian Senior Member

~Tarabelle - (Yeah, they're not coming up very large but i'm ot very technologically inclined so i can't help you much on this one, sorry!) But from what i could see they look very nice; i liked the combination of nature in them...

3. Hippievixen

Hippievixen Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Getting a new tatt THIS WEEKEND!!!!

I am attaching a pic of the design... Soooo groovy. This is going on the lower back above a butterfly on my tailbone.

Somebody help me, I can't stop!!!

*giggles*

4. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

1. Tattoos that you have. I have one above my ankle

2. Tattoos you would like to have and/or plan on getting...
    I plan on getting one on my foot and one on my lower back...

3. Your favorite tattoos you've seen on others, magaizines, or anywhere else. haha i saw some idiot with warrior tattooed on their chest..what a badass :D

4. Tattoo stories that you have (tats gone wrong, first tat, etc.). when i got my tat I was nervous but it wasnt as bad as I thought...

5. Anything else that you can think about that's related to tattoos; it's all good [​IMG] . negatory

5. TattoedAquarian

~HippieVixen - Beautiful - I'm jealous! Don't stop, keep getting them man.... (I'm such a bad influence)

~MysticalShroom - What's your tat of?

6. Lizard King

Lizard King Member

I have one Dream Theater tattoo on my back

[​IMG]

and i plan to get this one done in a few months

[​IMG]

right here
    thats the whole idea.

[​IMG]

7. Takemenow

Takemenow Senior Member

i have a celtic desing on my low back and a butterfly on my right upper inner thigh. i will prolly g et more one day. i have a few percings too

8. TattoedAquarian

~LizardKing - I like the one you already have and your idea sounds pretty cool; very expensive too...

~takemeknow - Yeah, i've heard that thighs one hurt a lot; for awhile i had my heart set on getting "innocent" on one inner thigh and "slut" on the other, thankfully i didn't looking back! (What was i thinking???) :confused: :p

9. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

heres my tat http://hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3646

after i got it i couldnt wait to get another one, but like six years have gone by since then :D just havent had the funds available..
    But i plan on getting one in the middle of my lower back of a leafless tree and then falling stars on me foot...

10. freebird10787

freebird10787 Member

I dont have any tatoos yet. I don't have the money for them, nor for living on my own, which is certain to happen the minute my parents discover any ink on my skin. (Isn't that awful? That I can't do anything but suffer under my parents stupid rules until I have the means to support myself?) But... I do know the ones I want.

On my heal, I want a barcode, with the numbers having some significant meaning to me. I'm not sure why I want this tat, but I have for quite some time, and it just seems to be "me." It implies that I'm not of this world, that I dont belong where I am. Which is a feeling I often get.

On the bottom of my back, I want an eagle soaring free. a "freebird." I've always felt like a free spirit, and what flies free-er than a bird?

If I don't get the eagle, than I want the words "free bird" written in some neat lettering on my back.

I'd like a dolphin on my hip, in white ink. I saw one like this once and just thought it was beautiful.

Anyway, that's my list.

11. TattoedAquarian

~Mystical - I couldn't make it out, but thanks for trying... - I have really bad eyes.

~Freebird - You sound like a fellow freedom lover; keep on being free... Don't let the man (in this case your parents) get you down! Just have fun mooching off their free stuff - food etc...

12. gumbygurl

gumbygurl Member

When funds permit I'm going to get a tatto of a barcode shaped like a heart on the nape of my neck. That's it for now. - Peace:)

13. TattoedAquarian

~View on Bardcode Tattoos: I've noticed that a lot of people have them or want to have them, and i'm not sure if my idea of what they symbolize is different from others which makes me view them differently in a bad way.

I think barcode tats symbolize that you are a product - something that is owned and can be sold and bought, something that is manufactured. Personally, I don't find any of thoses qualities too attractive - but everyone sees things from their own perspective of course, and i respect that...

14. TARABELLE

I've been curious as to bar codes' appeal, as well. I've been thinking, these people must feel like a number, not too hard to understand these days, really.

15. anastasia

anastasia Member

i have mixed feelings about tatoos- i kind of feel like our bodies are sacred and we shouldnt ruin them with permanent ink but i aslo think it can be an awesome type ritualistic sacrifice if you do it in an ancient (very painful) way like angelina jolie once did- if i get some i want my full name written in greek on my pelvic bone and maybe a peace sign on the back of my neck- tattoos are hott on guys and i particularly like bohemian, hindu type designs- also i think its adorable- borderline trashy but adoralble when people put the person they loves name on them somewhere

16. TattoedAquarian

~gumbygurl - Yeah... Poorness can blow at times...

~Tarabelle - Hmmm... Interesting. (Never even thought of that!) Thanks for your input... And what a downer tat; but whatever... - 'To each their own' i suppose...

~Anastasia - I know exactly what you mean... But, for me, i've always known that i wanted to get tattooed. - One of my earliest memories was when i saw this biker couple just covered in tats and i was just so fascinated and intrigued i went right up to them to get a better look at their tats. They laughed and were really nice and from then on, i knew that i wanted to get some... I also really dig Hindu styled tats...

17. gumbygurl

gumbygurl Member

The lines of the barcode will represent my boy's name, saying that I belong to him, he's getting one to with the same meaning. That's the meaning behind it.

18. PINKmarleyFLOYD

PINKmarleyFLOYD Member

Ive got a four leaf clover on my shoulderblade, and ive got "zero" on my knuckles, its there because i skate all zero products.

19. TARABELLE

That's cool if that's for you. At least if yall break up, you won't have his name in ink - I'm just kidding! [​IMG] Good luck to you!

20. gumbygurl

gumbygurl Member

Not likely 16 months and still going strong. :) love that guy