Tattoos... Yours, Ones you Want, Stories, Other...

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by TattoedAquarian, Jan 22, 2005.

1. orgasmicbike

orgasmicbike Member

the first tattoo i got, i was passed out on the couch and i woke up with it.. its an aries sign on my right ankle.. i remember the pain when i finally woke up

2. Sienna28

Sienna28 Member

Hello!
    I've got one tattoo on my back which shows a sun.Actually,I'd like to have another tattoo on my leg,I'd really like the motive of a dragon.
    I really like Anastacia's (the singer) tattoo a lot!
    When I got my tattoo I was very nervous,because I didn't know if it would hurt.But I have to say,it was alright.After finishing,I really felt great!
    I would do it again!

3. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I only have one tattoo. It's pretty cliche but I don't care. I have a green dead bear on my lower back. It's modelled after the Saint Stephen bear. That's one of my favorite Dead songs. I have it because so many people "grow out of" or get tired of the Dead. i never want to forget them or the effect the music has had on my life.

I don't think I'll get another. I think leaving it at 1 makes it more special.

I love the tattoos my aunt does. (she's not my aunt yet but will be if I marry my boyfriend someday) Her name is Denise De La Cerda. She's an awesome freelance artist. Her website is www.chicksdigtattoos.com she's incredibly talented. She does only Custom work.

4. TattoedAquarian

TattoedAquarian Senior Member

~orgasmicbike - That's very scary... Did it at leats turn out okay?

~Sienna28 - Very 'earthy'. The one i got on my back was the most painful by far... Even now when i'm close to the buzz of a needle the middle of my back gets really tense just from the sound.

~headymoechick - Yeah, i know a lot of people who get much grief from others about getting tats of musical things, but i think if a person feels as though the band really represents a part of their life that they would like to remeber that it's a good enough reason to get a tattoo. And wow! - I clicked on your aunt-to be's website... I only lloked at the very first picture and didn't read anything, but that first backpiece is beautiful! - Hook me up man! - Nah, I kid... I wish your aunt, and you, the best of luck in whatever you do... - (I hope that you made it home - your location)

5. Diddy Dreads

Diddy Dreads Member

Um im gonna be getting a gecko with foot prints on my sholder/back....cos i love geckos, not the animal as such but for some utterly bizarre reason i feel calm around images of them and they always crop up when im making big decisions. Tis fun. And for my bday i got £150 voucher for tattoos so i can get it pretty soon if i want, my sister lives with a tattooist....scary looking lady lol but amazing at tattoing...

http://www.tattooed-lady.co.uk/ incase anyone wants to look.

6. TattoedAquarian

~Diddy Dreads - Geckos... Interesting. I'm pretty sure that's the first time that i've ever heard someone with such a connection. I checked out the website (I loved the intro by the way) and it had some really interesting tats on it. – It also made me realize that I misspelled my screenname (d’oh!).

7. Ellied

Ellied Senior Member

i really want a few tattoos but im too young atm. I dont know exactly what i want but i want one on my ankle and on on my bum and one on the top of my boob. i think tatoos are pretty lary but not when people cover themselves in them like all over their arms and stuff...i dnt like that.
    i once new a guy who had been getting tattoos all his life and he decided to have a big one on his arm of a bulldog and his arm got really swollen afterwards and bruised and went a very funny colour.....maybe thats why i dont like huge tattoos, who knows. his arm is ok now but the bulldog looks a bit odd! lolz

8. stoned_soldier

stoned_soldier Member

i have 2 tats, one is an infantry rifle and artillery cannon crossing each other, thats the symbol for my job (forward observer, laser guided bombs, im the one pointing the laser :) ) and it has OIF II underneath, for operation iraqi freedom and "may the fallen rest in eternal peace" under that. Then ihave a eyeball witha reticle pattern inside the eye, my colonel called my team "the eyes of death" so we got that on our forearms. I know all i have is army tats but ive been thinking bout getting angels on both my shoulders.

9. carnelian

carnelian Member

i want these tattoos:

* something written in runes around my upper arm.
    * a fairy. (don't yet know where i want it).
    * carpe diem written in calligraphic letters written "downwards" on my wrist.
    * black star on my other wrist.

10. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

I thought about getting a snake or serpentine dragon as an anklet, all the way around my ankle, but I never did. It'd probably have been a bit of a pain since I work at a history theme park now and a colored tat like that would not be period, I might've had to cover it up every day... they did have tatoos in prehistory, Otzi had them, but they were just dark lines, not multi-colored snakes :p

I like temp tattoo's, I use them sometimes, got a sorta big black one on my hand right now. I sometimes use the stickers and sometimes just draw them on with a tattoo pen. They don't last long but they're quick to put on too so that's okay.

11. water_dreamer

water_dreamer I

here's mine:
    [​IMG]

12. SunshineTheAngryHipi

SunshineTheAngryHipi Member

Here's my tat idea, which i'll get when i can afford it: the peace symbol with a dove's wing attached to th upper left(get it? Left winger? yeah i thought so.). Anyway is that rad or has it been done before?

Keep chillin' like Dillon

13. Sunflower73

Sunflower73 Member

I have three and I got them over two years ago when I was 18. I had a great experience with all three. They didn't hurt at all, just stung for the first couple of minutes, but then my skin went numb and it felt more like a massage. But everybody's different as I've heard horror stories regarding the pain that comes along with getting a tattoo. Here are pics of mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Foladh

Foladh Member

[​IMG][/img]i hope to get this done . i think its so prettyful :)

15. TattoedAquarian

~Ellied - Eek! When getting something big (especially on the arm because of how much you use your arm so the blood is very active - i think that's why anyway) the artidst should've known better not to do it all at once because that will usually be the result! My friend Combo actually just got a pretty decent-sized tat on his forearm adn it took him 4 visits... That artist must now have liked him or something (that's my guess)

~stoned soldier - (Glad ur alive by the way!) My grandfather actually has a ton of old Navy tats and they're really neat looking and all but he's ashamed of them and wishes he had never gotten them because his views have changed since his war days... Ur comment just reminded me of him.

~carnelian - The "carpe diem" one is my favorite idea that u have. A Friend of mine (who actually speaks latin) had "Seize the Night" in latin above his dick. - )He has a very funny sense of humor).

~Myranaya - Yeah, when i was a kid (wait, i still am a kid) but i mean when i was younger, i used to cover myself in 'em. I know it's stupid, but snakes scare me a lot. Like i'll hold them and stuff, but they still are scary... Have you ever read about the supposed "13th Zodiac Sign" called the "Surpentarious"? - Pretty interesting...

16. TattoedAquarian

~waterdreamer - Neat (I hear hip ones hurt) Are you a h20 sign or just a lover of the liquid?

~sunshinetheangryhippi - Not very angry hippy of you but i think it's a good tribute to the 60s (which is what i think i'd think about it if i saw someone with it) but i don't know if that's what you're going for or not. At least it's something that you believe you made up though. - Personally, i think that's better than picking someone of a shop's wall...

~sunflower - Very feminine... Not to be rude - just observing, but it looks like the butterfly needs to be touched up a bit though; i couldn't believe it was only two years old! - Unless you're constantly barefoot in the sun i would go back to where you got it and reason with them that u deserve to get a discounted touch-up because it shouldn't have faded so quick... (flower on toe's my fav)

~foladh - I'm not one not to do something just because others are doing something, but, i mean, ones like that have been done so so much (at least in the US). But, "to each their own". I'm not trying to knock you or anything, just making an observation...

17. gertie

gertie Senior Member

i have roses across my lower back... to remind of peace, hope, compassion

i want a dove yet

i didn't have any problems with my tat.... except the day i uaed scented lotion on it while it was healing (ouch)... there was less over all pain than my naval ring... it took about 1 1/2 hr to get (most pain was the first tiny line then fine except for my legs went numb a bit from the position he had me sitting)

18. water_dreamer

water_dreamer I

naw it didnt hurt that much...call me a freak but it kinda felt cool. im a pisces

19. TattoedAquarian

I haven't really looked at many tat magazines lately, but i did stop in one of Joliet, Illinois' local tat shop "Fleshgear", (Fleshgear.net - shameless plug for my boyfriend's friend Jim who just opened the place over the summer) and one of the mags had a big section on 'digital looking' tattoos and they are so beautiful! I think i want to get one of those next...

20. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

Here's some of mine. I hope the pictures show up - it's the first time I've tried to add a picture to a post.[​IMG] (edit: I figured it out. What a dunce! - now to figure out appropriate sizing)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]