Tape Cassettes??

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by Flight From Ashiya, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Nicksteckler10

Nicksteckler10 Member

Cassettes are great because you cant really fast forward to your favorite track, you gotta listen to and appreciate the entire album. or at least A or B!

2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

most my favorite dead tapes are on cassette

3. Flight From Ashiya

Flight From Ashiya Senior Member

I've got pre-recorded Grateful Dead on tape cassettes too!.I've got some 1950s/60s/70s songs I recorded from the Radio in the 1990s that are not available on cds or download.
    I agree that tape cassettes force you to listen to whole albums because the 'Fast Forward' is so slow & you can easily overrun.

4. krewskater

krewskater Member

i still use casettes as my primary medium for music. I have an old $5 player and use a boombox/computer to record any newer songs onto tapes. Its just so much better than an ipod. Drop a tape and nothing happens, drop an ipod...there goes $200.

5. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

When I stayed home sick from elemtary school I used to make my own mix tapes. I would make a new one over the old one all the time. Now that we have CD writables I have a stack of those mixes.

That kind of died when i got my iPod tho

6. Flight From Ashiya

Flight From Ashiya Senior Member

Maybe iPods are more superior to Tape Cassette Recorders in size, durability & sound quality but Cassette Recorders look better are more fun & as was said:- you drop them & don't kiss $200 goodbye.

7. CasieNmynameisjake07

CasieNmynameisjake07 Member

my brother has a whole case of cassettes and there all old rock. I love listening to them when i have nothing else to listen to and when no one is around.lol.

8. AerialReaver

AerialReaver Member

I love cassettes, I have a lot of them, not as much as I do CDs. But I still love to listen to them. I buy most of them at flea markets nowadays. They're so cheap because people seem to want to get rid of them. I just bought a bunch of them down at a huge flea market in Sussex, NB last weekend. 50 cents to two dollars a piece, ya can't go wrong. I still use them sometimes to tape off the radio. But since I moved down here to saint john, it seems the radio stations here are a lot shittier than the ones in Fredericton so I don't really listen to much radio anymore. But I still love cassettes!

9. mystery girl

mystery girl Member

cassettes were the coolest...my mom and i would always listen to alanis morissette on the way to school! good times...good times!

10. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

Cassettes were a mixed blessing. At least the better decks had Dolby noise reduction.

Nothing worse than hitting the eject button only to find out the tape had unrolled itself inside the player. Easy to cut out the damaged piece though. Use pencils or pens to roll it back on the spool, a couple snips and a little piece of scotch tape, you were good to go.

x

11. Autobot

Autobot Member

Remember when tape cassettes and records were all you could get.
    I even remember 8 tracks.

12. texasmade3

texasmade3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I think its funny that they still put cassette players in brand new 2008 cars.. you would think it went out of date a while back but i guess not!

13. Hibiscusparadiseyogi

Hibiscusparadiseyogi Member

Those were good days. Remember 45s? And having to clean the fuzz of the needle on your record player? How about double albums. I had Kiss Double Platinum lol.

14. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

@ first i used to record ME on tape....

Singing,etc and still do now and then but mostly radio now :)

15. Hardrockerdave94

Hardrockerdave94 Member

I never really listened to music on them, cos I was born in 94, when I started listening to music it was pretty much all cds, but as a kid I do remember going to the library and renting out story cassettes, then copying them onto a blank one, I like all old stuff like cassettes and stuff, that's why now I listen to as much music as I can on vinyl.

16. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Always had vinyl. Then also had reel to reel and 8 tracks. When cassettes came out everyone was so sure they would be around for ever because they were so compact. :)

17. Harpo

Harpo Member

I still have hundreds of cassettes, in the mid 80s I got involved the underground cassette culture, there were tape labels, tape magazines, and a book called "Cassette Mythos" which was truly amazing. I still release tapes now - want one?

18. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet Not even close.

Yes, I still use them. Both my cars have tape players and CD players. My newest car is a 2003 model.

19. Harpo

Harpo Member

Who wants a free tape? message me.

20. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I have many cassettes :)

If I can I get OLDER releases . Before they started putting DOLBY crap on them and digitally sourced garbage....

I get analogue media FOR GLOURIOUS ANALOG!!!