Tanning

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by MysteriousNight, May 14, 2007.

1. Crystalsatreehugger

Crystalsatreehugger Member

I am a hypocrite, now I want to tan. I'm going to the beach and to get ready I'm tanning in natural sunlight for an hour a day. 3 days, I can see it, but still white as shit.

2. Tanning is so early 2000s

3. cindy94

cindy94 Member

I choose the sun over a tanning bed given a choice but I live in a place that doesn't get the greatest tanning weather. Plus laying in a tanning bed on a cold wet day feels sooo good

4. Kels1986

Kels1986 Members

i tan. it helps when the season and weather sucks here

5. Females_over_males

Females_over_males Beware of Dionnah's Paddle!!

I tan as well....butts that is! :blush:

6. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

I want a tan though I would not go near a tanning bed for the same reasons. Can the same thing can be said for car windscreens on a hot day because glass magnifies uv rays?

Glass filters out only one kind of radiation -- UVB rays. But UVA rays, which penetrate deeper, can still get through. That's why many adults have more freckles on their left side than their right -- it's from UV exposure on that side through the car window when driving.

This topic reminds me that the solar system's number one priority is all about the sun. Life came 2nd and it does not seem to be all that important at all. The sun is the most powerful thing that I have ever seen.

Asmodean likes this.
  7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

8. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I've never really seen the appeal either.

DrRainbow likes this.
  9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Tanning beds, no. In real sunshine, sure: what's not to get?? You just have to make sure you're only getting a tan, not burned

DrRainbow likes this.
  10. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

I think a good set of rotational visits to a hot climate will do the job if the seaside does not.

11. Angela36

Angela36 Members

Never go to tanning salons. I always wear good sunscreen when at the pool/beach. I still get tan, not sure why.

Mysteron likes this.
  12. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

A wise precaution . Skin cancer is on the increase so its best being protected.

Tanning salons can also be dangerous if the tubes are not changed frequently .

Angela36 likes this.
  13. Partyboobs

Partyboobs Members

I like the sun and the beach but dont tan on purpose. Never go to the tanning beds

14. Females_over_males

The only thing that needs tanning on you is your butt! :blush:

cindy94 likes this.
  15. SouthernFire

SouthernFire Members

Tanning isn't about pleasing others. Its about pleasing ourselves. I tan 5 days a week. Why? Because it makes me feel better about myself. Screw everyone else and their opinion. Its my money and my free will every time I go. If someone is so focused on why someone else is going to the tanning bed, they seriously need to consider a hobby that doesn't involve putting their nose into someone else business.

I use very expensive tanners and moisturizers considering I have very expensive tattoos. NO, my skin doesn't look rubbery or feel rubbery, NO, I don't have ridiculous amounts of wrinkles or sagging skin, and NO, I'm not orange. I actually know how to tan the correct way and have been for over 10 years now....nope, no cancer for me! Its actually more regulated in a tanning bed than it is to be outside. (When I go outside, I'm very careful because of my tanning habits.) Go visit a tanning salon and learn all you can about safe practices with tanning. There are strict regulations in place for my state on tanning and I am thankful for it.

Everyone has their opinion, but their opinion is just that....an opinion. I have an opinion on why fat people are fat despite their awful excuses of medications and medical concerns, but I don't spend my time focusing on others like that enough to take time away from myself to do it. We all have our tidbits and habits.

Mine is tanning. Its the 12 minutes of peace I get daily, my skin feels and looks much better after the use of my tanning lotions and my moisturizers, and my mood is boosted. Thats all that matters to me.

Seaisgreen and cindy94 like this.
  16. "Tanning" is willfully absorbing radiation, to look "healthy". It's oxymoronic.

Cookie Man likes this.
  17. Females_over_males

Tanning means spanking

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Tanning = skin cells under stress.

Not good for your skin.

Amerijuanican, Bilby and Cookie Man like this.
  19. Amerijuanican

Amerijuanican Banned

Tanning beds are not healthy.

I went to one 10 times on a membership, back in 93.

And quickly developed a quite large mole on the inside of my leg.

20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I love a woman with a good tan, it does look healthier.

I preface that by saying, when I was in my youth, my neighbors teenage daughter would regularly lay out on the back deck in her bikini under the watchful eyes of my binoculars. Needless to say, when her parents weren’t home and she removed her top, my focal length was considerably increased

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020