Talking to Trees

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by SurfhipE, May 27, 2004.

1. MountainMan

MountainMan Member

i think trees are the most beautiful creations there are. i could spend hours in a forest giving personalities to different trees, and just admiring them for their beauty. nothing makes me happier than when i see a fat super old tree that you know has been standing there way longer than youve been around

2. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

Clint Eastwood SANG a song about talking to trees in - what was the name of that movie? (Short term memory loss at work).

3. GaianElfTyke

GaianElfTyke Member

sometimes the trees talk back :)

4. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

IF Eastwood SANG, it was eiher "Paint Your Wagons", or the one where he was fighter... (Bare Fist. Clyde (Poppy The Orangutan Co-Starred)) "Right Turn, Clyde!"

5. freedbypeace

freedbypeace A Woman Left Lonely

I hate when I see somebody cut down a tree because they find it "ugly." Even when I was little I had a wonderful connection with trees. I remember taking the dried sap that had fallen off the apricot trees in my backyard and save them. Later I started doing seances and used the sap as offerings and spiritual crystals........There's my trip down memory lane. :p

6. patchiouli

patchiouli Member

i am most certainly a tree hugger, and i talk to them all the time!

7. treehuggin' dirtwors

treehuggin' dirtwors Member

I just found this on http://www.mecgrassroots.org/NEWSL/ISS24/24.09Haiku.html, and I thought you all would appreciate it.

Why California's Redwoods Are Important To Me

I think that California redwoods are important to me because they give fresh air. and because they give beautiful scenery. and plus, if there were no trees there would be no clean fresh water. When I walk in the Redwoods I feel the presence of Fairies.

Adrienne E. (Anna) Martin, age 8

8. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

Two of my BEST friends happen to be Pinion Pines. That count? John Denver taught me well.

9. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

PAINT YOUR WAGON - Thank you, Matt. I just hate those brain farts!! [​IMG] Oh, and he did sing - if that's what you would call it. Ha Ha

10. Small_Brown

Small_Brown Senior Member

I've hugged a tree before, theyre great. I even tell them thank you when me and my friends are walkin down the street, they always look at me and call me a weirdo.

/|\ your sig...made me cry for a minute...that picture is terrible.:(

11. freedbypeace

freedbypeace A Woman Left Lonely

whose? mine? haha if so, my friend said make a scared face and put it through photoshop! :p silly huh?

12. the bible is lies

the bible is lies Member

I have never huged a tree, but next time I pass one I will be all liek WTF ENERGIZE ME and if it refuses then i'm going to ban it.

13. SurfhipE

SurfhipE Senior Member

you do that ;)

14. Granolahead

Granolahead Member

I talk to trees. They talk back to me through their beauty. Oh the wisdom learned from the wise old Ancients.
    My favorite tree was a big old twisty apple tree outside my bedroom window i used to play on as a kid. But he got cut down :(