Talking to Trees

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by SurfhipE, May 27, 2004.

1. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

also Here in the south, or at least in bama, there is lots of problems with Kudzu taking over entire forests, because it has no natural predators around here, and that sucks, I love forests. I think we should all live in trees like monkeys.

2. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

considering what we do to trees anyway, i dont think living in them would be a good idea! i think we should just leave them alone (of course sitll hang out with them!) but dont do tests on them and cut them down and do weird stuff to them

3. MarkN

MarkN Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Once I hugged a tree by accident playing football. Does that count? I love trees , especially trees in a grave yard. There is something differnt about them.

4. Dolphin~Rider

Dolphin~Rider Member

You know how there've been studies that show that plants grow better if you talk to them or play soothing music for them? Well, since they don't have ears to hear with, that must mean that they feel the vibrations on their leaves, stems/trunks, etc. Isn't that cool? When you talk to them or sing to them you are really massaging them with the sound of your voice! That's so beautiful and intimate...just you and your plant :D .

5. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

I am staying in a small town in NH, where there are more trees then people and I thought I would share a few of NH tress with you...the third picture couldn't get uploaded.

6. Noclothesneeded

Noclothesneeded Member

I think I recognize the 10th tree on right, that is off of river Rd correct

7. Kitaro

Kitaro Member

Well... me also talks to trees... I just love'em, they make me feel safe and peaceful... :)
    There's a province in south portugal named alentejo. It's basically a semi-desert. It's just beautiful, and I only find there my favourite trees, wich are in this picture, down here. They're 3 meter long, maximum. Just beautiful. [​IMG]

closer look:

[​IMG]

:)

8. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Cosmic Traveler

This is the Old Oak Tree who stands as sentinel at the path to our cabin. I have patted this tree, and even travelled from root to top branch as I merged with it a few times... It's a very mellow Oak.

[​IMG]

9. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

trees rock i love the ones above!

i talk to the tree in my backyard and i patted him.. i love my trees

10. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

I love trees. And yes Nathan, I know what you're saying about how they have a lot more going on than is common knowledge. I talk to trees, I hug them, I climb them, I sit with them, I appreciate them... trees are awesome

11. SuperPlurChick

SuperPlurChick Member

=0) Im new to this place. So Hi there, To all the Treehuggers and Treelovers out there. It's so great to know that there are so many others that share such a positive green energy vibe. The wise old Oak tree can teach us all about love and respect. I hear the music ...... when the wind blows through the tree limbs and the leaves dance. A tree will stand tall and shelter you. Trees have so much life and love to give. We should do the same for them and each other. I can see the good ! Does anyone else ?

12. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

This is my idea of wonderland. Luckily NH has more trees then people (I assume)

13. Queen-Green

Queen-Green Member

Singing also helps... I sung 'Yellow Submarine' to my beans and it helped them grow faster! But then those damn snails came along and ate them all up! Grrrr...

Anyway, yeah, I 'hug' trees!...Never actually talked to one...I should try that...I know it sounds nuts, but when I hug a tree, it feels like I'm a hugging an old soul....a living piece of history...very comforting...

Ok, no more coffee for me...lol

14. HippieDude1967

HippieDude1967 Member

I wish I lived there! Thats so beautiful.

15. Barefootguitar

Barefootguitar Member

i like to talk to trees when i am lonely or just hug them anytime

16. GaiasGypsieChild13

GaiasGypsieChild13 Member

Trees will never fight, trees will never lie......
    For they are Gaias gift ,and day by day they are being destroyed beacuse of Humanitys great disire for paper products, when they could simply just use hemp in replacment of trees........?????? I think thats a pretty good point

Trees are your friends, they are your mothers and fathers, They are your lovers
    And deserve the same respect as any other living thing does ( unless your a dirty, greedy, corprate fuck!)
    Hug them kiss them talk to them , they are your friend

17. iscreamchocolate

iscreamchocolate Senior Member

I think that talking to trees is cute... I mean I don't do it... but i think it's cute and that you should talk to trees because they need to have someone speak to them too or else they can feel left out... talk to them... awwwww how cute:)

18. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

man of course i talk to trees, and hug them. How can you not?! Did any of you guys ever read Stargirl by Jerri Spinelli? There is a guy in there who talks to a giant cactus named Senor Saguaro. I also know a kid who talks to tulips, and i also saw him kiss one once....meh. what can ya do?

19. aranyria

aranyria Member

yes, i i treat trees like one of us. :)

actually, when i was really little, i used to worship a tree.... it was a willow tree, kinda like a cross between a goddess and a mother to me... then they chopped her down, it was one of the saddest days of my life.

lol, i havn't told a whole lotta peeps this...

20. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

That is really sad and beautiful. I love Willow trees too, they're so mysterious :)