Talking to Trees

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by SurfhipE, May 27, 2004.

1. SurfhipE

SurfhipE Senior Member

I'm not the ONLY one who does it........right? Don't you just love going into a field sitting under a large tree and reading or sleeping or something...it totally makes me feel like I am living in the renassiance or something, with fairytales and stuff!

2. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

Ok... I finally admit it. I'm an actual tree-hugger and I don't care what anyone else thinks :p

3. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I heard talking to your plants makes them grow faster or healthier or something... :) I talk to my jade plants. Because they're the only ones that will listen.... :(

4. /|\

/|\ Member

i have physically hugged a tree before lol i like animals more but hey everything should be equal sadly its not...

5. riptiderevolucion

riptiderevolucion Member

I don't hug trees, but I do pat them sometimes, especially when I'm walking down the street. I like to let them know I appreciate them. Occasionally I'll even say things like, "How ya doin', man? Everything alright?"

6. SurfhipE

SurfhipE Senior Member

Do the same thing here :) Love it when someone hears, hah oh man...

7. KyndVeggie4Peace

KyndVeggie4Peace -[ in.bloom ]-

Trees are awsome! They are just like people ... they all have a very unique and interesting history. Just like you, I like to sit under very big, very old trees and imagine all of the things they have seen in their lifetime. So I would definitley consider myself a ....

8. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

i have literally hugged a tree before...I get a lot of shit for doing so (my mate mate says shrub shagger instead of tree hugger for instance) but who cares? tress are fantastic, and hugging them is great :)

9. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

I really like smelling trees, their leaves and bark and stuff.

10. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

I like to climb and dose in them

11. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

ive hugged trees before! i love trees my friends laughed at me but i didnt care!

12. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

wow, you guys don't hug trees often. i go up to trees and give them BIG BEAR HUGS! :-D

I love the environment and animals.
    All of nature is blessed.

13. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

wow... it's so refreshing to hear someone from texas say that ;) hehe... im gonna bear hug a tree today!

14. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Well were not all backcountry inbreed hicks... Some of us want out man! O_O

15. sunkissedgreenfarie

sunkissedgreenfarie Member

i love climbing in trees and taking a nap...yes and i talk to them i guess im a freakin tree hugger then

16. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

all my trees in my yard are dead. i feel like cryin!!! i did hit one with the car door the other day, i patted it's branch and apologized

17. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

My parents have this amazing oak tree in their front yard, it's like a hundred years old, it's so beautiful. I love resting under it and reading... I could do that for hours.

18. DandelionPrincess

DandelionPrincess Member

trees are awesome, but ppl keep cuting them down. my parents back yard used to be filled w/ trees and i used to love sitting back there among them reading a book or just to relax and breathe for a moment, I came home from college one day and almost all of them were cut down and a house was going up, which I dont understand why they cut down so many between the two yards, seems like keeping a bit of a tree border would be nice for privacy. It made me very sad when i saw this, my parents have planted some more trees back there, but they're smaller b/c they havent grown yet and it doesnt have that "reading a book under the big tree" feeling to it.

also when i was in ashville, nc a little while ago, there was this huge forest area right near unc-ashville and it was beautfiul, i was actually thinking as we were entering the school that i wish i had some forest area that pretty near where i live (but instead they cut down what we do have) but later i was just walking around ashville trying to get to the post office and i ran into this random hippy guy who was walking home, (hes a strong environmentalist, doesnt even own a car, and a vegitarian, etc), it was really cool meeting this guy) but as we were walking (since we were going the same direction anyway) he was telling me about how the city is trying to get it approved to cut down that ENTIRE forest area to build a parking lot since the college has gained so many people lately, they are running out of places to park and if they don't build the lot, freshman wont be able to bring their cars to school w/ them...after he told me about this, i actually did start noticing the signs around the city lobbying against cutting down the trees. i dont see why freshman need cars on campus anyway, i was walking everywhere in that city while i was there, its a beautiful city to walk around...a lot of the colleges in nc dont let freshman have cars on campus anyway. i prob sound weird saying that tho b/c i had my car on campus for a little while as a freshman, but i ended up keeping it at my boyfriends apartment anyway, but thats besides the point :p i still think they should leave that forest there, it was sooo pretty, they have a walking path thru it that i walked on one afternoon wihle i was there and it was soo nice, i think college students need that sort of thing to relax from the stress of school, rather than being able to park their car

19. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

I have had similar experiences... one of the most traumatic moments of my childhood was when i came home from school one day to find that all the bushes and trees down the bottom of the garden had been cut down to make room for a neighbour's house... i was inconsolable for days.
    Another was when i came home and saw that all the beautiful gum trees outside my window had been chopped down to stumps because the magpies were apparently being too pesky... well they never bothered me and i lived right next door!! for chrissakes... learn to carry a stick for protection against swooping birds, there's plenty on the ground! you don't need to cut down their homes! :mad:

20. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

I talk to trees all the time and play music for the bush in my room. I think trees are have way more stuff going on than we think.