taking psychedelics close together?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by CherokeeMist, Jan 18, 2009.

1. CherokeeMist

CherokeeMist Senior Member

is it a bad idea to take a half eighth of mushrooms tonight if i tripped pretty hard on acid on friday night?

after that i wouldn't trip for a while.

2. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

bad idea? good idea? i dont know. there is somthing to be said about the accumulative effect of psychedelics, especially when taken regularly and often. some would call it good, some im sure would call it bad. id call it interesting.

im no help, just babbling.

3. CherokeeMist

true... i don't trip often, or hard. it's just that a chance to trip has come up tonight and i want to go, but i dropped acid friday night.

tolerance isn't an issue, is it? i think i've heard that tolerance for LSD peaks after a single use and you can't take it for the same effects within a few days. is there cross tolerance with other psychedelics like mushrooms, or do i not have to worry about that?

4. Tanman35

Tanman35 Member

there wouldnt be a cross tolerance between acid and mushrooms they have different chemicals that produce the effects

5. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Go for it. I went back to back twice last week. At your age you can surely handle it.:)

6. CherokeeMist

i took 3.8 grams.

nothing happened :-(

everyone i was with ate the same amount (more or less) as me and all tripped hard, and i waited around all ngiht for NOTHING to happen.

i don't know what was going on, these were definitely quality mushrooms.

so disappointing. oh well.

7. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

i think the mind may need time to recuperate before it can be taken to that height of awareness again, give it a week between strong psychedelics imo

8. goodvibes83

goodvibes83 Senior Member

id recommend waiting a bit too, however my best shroom trip took place only four hours after a really intense acid trip...but that's festival life for you.

9. CherokeeMist

yeah, i researched it and there is a cross tolerance.

it would have been a good idea to look that up before taking the mushrooms.

10. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Must be different for different people. I've never had that problem. LSD one day and Shrooms the next...still tripped hard.

11. CherokeeMist

hmm very odd...

salmon did you take 5-htp the day after taking LSD? a friend suggested that my seratonin was worn out from the acid trip (it was very intense), and that my brain simply didn't produce enough seratonin for the mushrooms to work.

though i don't entirely see how that would happen, seeing as psychedelics don't "shotgun" any nuerotransmitters like MDMA or cocaine do, they just sort of disrupt them.

guess i shouldn't dwell on it too much. i'm just interested because normally i'm VERY sensitive to mushrooms, the most i've taken before is 1.8 or so and i had strong visuals and a heavy mental aspect. this time i ventured very close to 4 grams of excellent mushrooms (talked to friends and was with friends who tripped on the same batch) and absolutely nothing... :confused:

12. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

13. BornFree

BornFree Member

hah, please dont believe this guy. the 3.8g shouldve been more than enough to have break through the threshold. ive tripped for days on end, the mind needs no recuperation time, sadly. maybe your scales are fucked up. ;) who eats 3.8 anyway. "hey man can i get a $17.48 sack?" hah.

14. CherokeeMist

hahaha my friend bought 20 grams of mushrooms and we met up with like 4 other kids, i started out only taking 2 grams, then 20 minutes later i took .4 more, then like an hour later it wasn't kicking in so i took another cap that was 1.4 grams. the mushies were $10/g so it was pretty easy to just buy .whatever because it was in even dollars.

the whole night most of us were kinda buying caps and all that.

15. CherokeeMist

i saw that, but how does it explain why several people responded to my thread saying they haven't run into the same problem?

16. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Well, we're talking about chemicals and how they effect the brain. Everyone is different. Ever notice how on the side of a bottle of medicine it lists all the potential side effects? Some people get some of them, some people get all of them, some people get none of them. It's a similar thing in this situation - tolerance may build up at different rates with different people, however, if done enough times, people will notice a difference if they continue to interchange psilocybin and LSD at close intervals. Hope this helps.

17. CherokeeMist

yeah man that definitely makes sense.

i do know for sure i won't be tripping very closely again on acid and mushrooms, unless i start to grow fungus myself and have plenty to experiment with.

i wanted to try a high dose mushroom trip for once, but i blew all my money that night and my friend who had the mushrooms is all out :(

another time... i still have two hits of that excellent blotter i did, so i'm not exactly in need of anything at the moment.