take this poll..... i need it for journalism...

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by below utopia, Aug 24, 2005.

1. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

actualy when u think about it..why does the body store fat? for when its needed, slimmer times when less food is availible
    when you dont eat properly, or eraticly your body will burn muscle before fat, & in the times u do eat more will turn more into fat then into energy, simple survival often skinny people can eat alot more then fat people, but the heavier people go through diet stages, starving themselves & losing miscle not fat weight, then eatting & gaining fat not energy..

2. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

haha, but yeah :p

3. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

yes i know...but my point is...there really is nothign they can do to prevent it...

its just a fact of life now because our improved medicine...back in the days of natural selection, me along with countless others would die and so many more diseases would proobbly be very very very rare cause everyoen with it would die... as horrible as that sounds, it is true

4. soaringeagle

well when u think about nature (how many obese wild animals do you see?) & living within natural rythems of life, gumans tend to do things ass backwards..eatting less durring summer when food is plentiful (in nature) because of our vanity & the "swimsuite season" all the gym's & diet products depend on, then eatting alot durring the winter holliday seasons when traditionay we'd be livimng off outr fat stores (that also keep you warm) throughoput the winter ..
    ok, so livimng opposite our natural rythem, & adding to that the never ending reminders that we're too fat (diet diet diet) add a pinch of shame , wether itds name calling or whatever, toss in the generaly unhealthy crap they force feed you (beef, its whats for dinner) & u have a recipe for disaster, anyone who would accuse the parents of child abuse should take a long look at society itself..& theyre own attitudes

5. soaringeagle

oh yea by the way, my names pete i graduated..umm..i forget..but i did..really..i swear i did..& i'm not dusputing the notion that we're getting heavier, (i'm 10 pounds under my minumum flying wight & cant seem to gain any) i'm simply stating that the weight obsession is far more harmful then the lesser trend of obesity...both can be traced to corporate society & media

6. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I blame it mostly on poor diets/lack of exercize. I go back to my old neighborhood and there are just as many kids living there, you just don't see them outside riding bikes or playing baseball anymore..they seem to be pretty much inside playing video games or on the computer now.

7. buxillafion

buxillafion secretary of pizza

it's so hard though, pete..trying to ignore those social standards...i mean I'M never happy, no matter how small i am, or how many comments my mom makes..
    and i know that guys aren't looking at just that..and if they are then they're not worth it

but point is..
    the social standard about how your body should look is so strong, that even someone like me(not judgemental at all, fairly happy..not shallow..) can be sucked into that....

8. when some stupidass who eats 3 meals a day at mcdonalds then sues them we know we have an obesity problem

that and a raw stupidity problem

also many more adolescents are completly sedentary, in the 1700's by 16 you were expected to be apprenticing a trade, usually this meant your ass was moving, carrying fire wood, helping smith, moving type, hundreds of active things

now it's acceptable to sit in a chair all day......

9. fuck the social standard

the same people who want people to look like that (visible ribs, countable from 20 feet vertebrae) are the people who think that a person should be deified for having money

Fuck the social standard, fuck the lying establishment, and fuck anyone telling anyone that they don't look good because they do not fit a particular template

aesthetic is a personal thing and everyone has their own personal aesthetic, it may be hidden behind the social enginerring of people much larger than us, but it is there

find what you like past the bullshit screen of what we're supposed to like, in yourself and in others

10. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

It's not like people aren't concerned with their weight, It seems like everybody knows their exact weight now... Nobodys happy with their weight either.

11. I'm happy with mine, it's somewhere between 200 and 230, I'm okay with that, I'm 6 foot something so I'm close enough to being in my weight percentile

I'd like to be in a little bit better shape then I am but I think virtually everyone does

and really I couldn't care if I looked exactly the same, as long as I could run a little longer full tilt

12. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

the only reason im not so happy with my weirght is that im almost 6 ft and 130 or somesuch pounds...i should be around 150 but i got kinda sick [crohn's disease acting up] over summer

13. Green

Green Iconoclastic

Yes, and lots of people are going to get heart problems and die quick.

14. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

How often do you run? If you run everyday you'll get better... helps to have someone else run with you.

I used to run everyday, now I usually just swim because I don't get all sweaty, but I still run in the evenings sometimes. I've gotten a lot slower. [​IMG]

15. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I weigh 163... I'd like to weigh about 175... I try to exercise as much as possible, but I think I'm just going to have to wait it out.

16. less then I should, I use the whole flat feet thing as an excuse

17. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

[Kim, graduated eons ago]

http://www.annecollins.com/obesity/child-obesity-stats.htm
    http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/aag/aag_dnpa.htm

The lesser trend would NOT be obesity!

This is from the American Heart Association...

"Too many Americans are not physically active, and are not eating the way they should,” said Robert O. Bonow, M.D., president of the American Heart Association. “Today 65 percent of Americans adults are considered either overweight or obese. And, the number of overweight and obese children has skyrocketed in the past 20 years, leading to an unprecedented number of typically adult-onset illnesses occurring in our youth. Americans need to understand the magnitude of this problem, and they need to be given tools to fight.” Both overweight and obesity are major causes of chronic illness – particularly cardiovascular diseases, the nation’s number one cause of death. And, obesity can lead to high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol levels and diabetes – all major risk factors for heart disease and stroke. “Preventing deadly cardiovascular disease risk factors like obesity and overweight will lead to longer, fuller lives for more Americans,” added Bonow. “Healthy eating and physical activity will help to significantly reduce these leading killers.

Obesity can and will kill you dead, maybe just not as quickly or obviously as anorexia or bulemia. Anorexia and bulemia are also mental issues. Its horrid that anyone should suffer like that.

18. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

It's not an opinion anymore, it's proven fact!

19. alice_d_millionaire

alice_d_millionaire Just Do It©

the, um, obesity epidemic? yeah... everywhere i go the ratio of obese people to people at a healthy weight is like 3:1... not sayin to be obsessed with your weight or anything, just put down the god damn cheetos and do something!

blake -05'

20. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

The first time I read that I saw "Yes. Fat people suck fat ass"

and it really took me a minute, but isn't this a fact, the obese adolcesentes (my fingers kinda stumbled on that one) are increasing, not something....suitable for....screw it, nevermind

Either way I voted and now I feel like i need one of those 'i voted today' stickers for my imaginary car