Taco Bell

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by squawkers7, Aug 20, 2005.

1. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

Probably the minute you saw Taco Bell listed in a vegetarian forum, you either went aaarrrgh, or "Oh no, another fast food bashing thread", or "what the hell did she come up with this time"?
    Well I found this info online...
    TACO BELL: If requested, Taco Bell will send a list of their menu items that are suitable for vegetarians.
    Under their lacto-ovo heading, they list the following:
    Pintos & Cheese, Bean Burrito, Bean Tostada, Mexican Rice, Seven Layer Burrito (no sour cream), Cheese, Gordita Shells, Creamy Jalapeno Sauce, Creamy Lime Sauce, Pepper Jack Sauce, Baja Sauce, Fiesta Salsa, Red Sauce, Hot/Mild/Fire Sauce, Green Sauce, Pizza Sauce, Guacamole, and Taco Shell. Under their vegan heading, they list: Bean Burrito (without cheese), Bean Tostada (without cheese), Mexican Rice (without cheese), Seven Layer Burrito (no sour cream, no cheese), Hot/Mild/Fire Sauce, Fiesta Salsa, Red Sauce, Soft Tortillas, Pizza Sauce, Green Sauce, Guacamole, and Taco Shell. Taco Bell used to have two different distributors for the Mexican Rice. They are no longer using the distributor which had milk derivatives in the rice.

NOTE that the sour cream does contain gelatin, which is animal based.
    Taco Bell stressed that while the ingredients listed above may be categorized as acceptable for certain types of vegetarian diets, all ingredients are handled by employees in common with other ingredients which may not be acceptable to certain types of vegetarian diets.

2. NewAgeHippie2200

NewAgeHippie2200 Member

Taco bell suits me. I like Bean Burritos.

3. crispy_creme

crispy_creme Banned

yeah the bean burritos are about all that i eat from there.

4. mrsmorrison27

mrsmorrison27 yoda piss

hmm well that dosnt do me ne good, im an organic vegetarian, i dont NE processed foods watsoever, so i cant eat there ne ways

5. Midget

Midget Senior Member

If I have to eat fast food, Taco Bell is my first pick.

6. mrsshf

mrsshf Member

I'm glad to hear that the rice is Vegan. I had seen conflicting reports and was unsure.

7. mariah2390

mariah2390 Member

"sour cream does contain gelatin"
    It does?

Since I become vegetarian, I haven't been going out to fast food places and no junk food for me.. but Taco bell is a friendly vegetarian fast food

8. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

theirs does. not all sour cream does, though. i know lotsa vegetarians that enjoy the hell outta taco bell.

9. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

mmmm taco bell!

those bean burritos are the best for the munchies!

10. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

From my understanding, refried beans contain lard...