Swinging

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by bedlam, Apr 8, 2005.

?

Would you 'swing' if partner was up for it?

1. yes

25 vote(s)
    23.4%
  2. no, never

30 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. already have!

38 vote(s)
    35.5%
  4. would like to but wouldn't dare ask partner

14 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

My partner and I have talked about it but are both scared that it would ruin our relationship.

Would you 'swing' if partner was up for it?

2. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

No... honestly it doesn't appeal to me, and I'm glad it doesn't appeal to my bf. I'm a one-man kinda girl, I don't think I could go with anyone else. And I definitely wouldn't like to see him with someone else either!

3. dhs

dhs Senior Member

not my bag

I have no desire to sleep with anyone but the girl I love. Its perfect just her and I alone together - just 'us'. For some, swinging might be a great thing and I don't look down on them for it, but its just not for me and I couldn't be comfortable being with anyone who wanted to swing - I'm just not wired that way.

4. lynsey

lynsey Banned

i wouldnt do it i think theres something deeply wrong with your relationship if youre okay with fucking someone else or letting who youre with do the same...sorry i am a little judgemental plus you run the risk of bringing diseases and emotional decay into your relationship the side effects arent worth it-wouldnt you say

5. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

its not worth it. Justin(my husband ) and i tried it several years ago. in my experince it did damage the relationship, the innocence of our relationship was tainted. because of it several times we had seperated. it was ugly , it wasn't fun at all. this was my experince though. i know many people who "can handle it" just from me it really can ruin a good thing.

6. blckra1n

blckra1n Member

never. thats cheating

7. earthfluff

earthfluff Member

Although i see most of you so far are females, i hope you don't mind my input. My g/f and i have been together 5 yrs and have been swinging for about a year now, we don't do it often, maybe once every few months and we typically meet other couples. For us it has been great, we took very slow steps to begin with to guage our reactions to these new experiences. We started by just having sex with each other with another couple in the room... we would think and talk about it later and bring up any concerns or feelings we had. So far it's been a lot of fun and has helped our relationship by letting us expand our life experience together... we don't plan to do this forever and hope one day we'll be able to look back when we're old and grey and remember the days of our mischievous youth.
    I can definately see how this wouldn't work for a lot of, okay, most people. You definately have to be very open and honest about EVERYTHING.
    I should point out that it was my girlfriends idea originally (so you girls don't go thinking i was putting the pressure on!)... she had wanted to experience another girl and wanted to share it with me... believe it or not, i was the hesitant one at first!

8. gillianwind

gillianwind Member

I am not so much worried about the relationship but I am worried about the desiese. I would like to find a gf as well as a bf I am polyamorous (sp)? But I would never jsut sleep with anyone andd my bf well that is a big ol long as mo fo of a story. Can i leave it at that.

9. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

No, I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't want to share the guy I love with anyone else, and I wouldn't want to have sex with anyone else but him. Just not.. my cup of tea. :D

10. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

No way, I don't share. If he wants to have sex with someone else (which neither of us do), we will be splitting up first.

We also have children involved....no way am I risking their whole world (and mine) on something I already get plenty of.....:D

I had other partners before meeting the one I married, and it really wasn't that exciting.......sex is what you make it. You are responsible for telling them what you like, and doing what they like so you both enjoy it.

11. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

There is no way I'd do it.

12. Sit_on_my_face

Sit_on_my_face Member

Already have and if things go the way I think with the girl Im currently, uh... with, will do it again soon.

13. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Hell no. If I wanted to do things like that I would have never taken marriage vows.

14. bugsangel

bugsangel Member

i dont share

15. voiceofliberty

voiceofliberty Member

Unless monogamy bores you- i'd avoid it if I were you.

16. jellybean

jellybean Member

u r cute KocmicBlue

17. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

Well, I'm 19, not married, or have kids. If I were in a relationship right now and my man wanted to swing, I would have to consider all the pros and cons. First, I would rather have a sexual experience with a girl outside of a relationship. Having sex with a man is more special and intimate to me. I don't know if I could do that. Maybe. It would have to be a REALLY close couple, that I trusted not to bring drama into anything.

Mfmfanclub and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher Member

No i couldn't do it, I'd get too jealous. But if neither of you are the jealous type and you really think you could handle it then try it out, but I reckon it would completely wreck my relationship.

19. WhItE_PoNy

WhItE_PoNy Member

Absolutely not! i realize im too young to be worrying about this, but if i was put in that scenario when i was older i would deftinately trun it down. for one, im a little to insecure to let my wife/girlfriend go have sex with another man, i wouldnt be able to look at them the same after that. two, if im with someone i wont do anything w/ anybody else and i would expect the same from them... i cant share my spouse, nor would i want to.

20. dawn_sky

dawn_sky Senior Member

I would not now consider swinging. I plan to spend the rest of my life with my current boyfriend, I would not think of doing anything that might damage our relationship.

Years ago, while dating guys that were fun but not worthy of a life-long committment, sure, why not! If it's not like it would break my heart if he ditched me for some other woman, then I'd definitely be up for the experience. But, again, now that I really love the guy I'm with, no way in hell would I take that risk.