Sweaters, Capes And Ponchos

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Moonglow181, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Isn't this absolutely lovely?

I just ordered this in this spicy mustard color. I knew i wanted something and have been looking at capes and ponchos for a few days....I liked a few things, and asked Stan...what do you like in a poncho for me?. He said one with a hood....so i did not buy the light brown shorter cashmere one I was looking at, as it did not have a hood....I was not sure what color or style I wanted , and then I saw this, and it hit me. That is it! in that color!
    I used to have an off white ivory colored sweater coat with dramatic sleeves, so it was borderline poncho and cape style, I loved that thing and wore it with everything and everywhere. I wore it out, though....
    I have not had anything like it since.....and think I will wear this out next......Sometimes I just don't know exactly what i want until i see it....

i adore this photo also.... :)

What are your favorite knitted things?

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff the word is the bird Staff Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Senior Member

I really want a cape or cloak of some sort this year, but I don't know if it will be worth the money. Last year it didn't really get below 60 until January and warmed up again in March.

But I really like them!

1 person likes this.
  4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Anything oversized, frumpy even. Mostly cardigans.
    I love scarves too. I was thinking about knitting one myself this autumn.

1 person likes this.
  5. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Senior Member

Not sure this counts but I love Baja Jackets...I had one 20 years ago when I was a college student but can't find it now. I've dropped a few hints to my sister-in-law, so maybe Santa will bring me one this Christmas. :) [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Moonglow181

LOL

7. Moonglow181

I am hoping it will be colder this fall and winter than last year...but, I will wear this when it is....:)

8. Moonglow181

If I could knit something like this, i would have, but I can only knit straight scarves or slippers...i like the way the stitching changes in this poncho. Stan does not care for the big pom pom balls on it, but I think they are whimsical, so he will have to get used to them. At least he likes the color.....
    I love oversized things, too. I cannot stand anything cutting off my circulation.....

9. Moonglow181

That's nice. i hope Santa brings you one! :)

10. Moonglow181

lol, I just thought of something...my cats are going to think I am a big cat toy with that on and the pom poms hanging down, and they will be latching onto me every time I put this on....You should see what they do when i try to tie my shoes...It takes several attempts....:D

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff the word is the bird Staff Member

if i were tall and skinny id buy one like eastwood always wore in the old movies

but for now im tall and fat so it just doesnt work

[​IMG]

12. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

How difficult can it be to knit something like this...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I want a neutral color.

13. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Shouldn't be too hard. The last two pictures are just plain knit with thick yarn. The first one is more complicated, maybe intermediate level knitting.

1 person likes this.