swap idea (for us poor and lazy crafters...)

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by nightmarehippygirl, May 24, 2004.

1. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

i'm not sure if you guys do many of these around here...but i had a fun idea for a swap.
    i've been on other boards where the swaps are all complicated, because you have to make a million of something to participate, or you are expected to have lots of cash to buy materials.
    so here's what i was thinking...what if we did a craft swap, which consisted of cool little things you could make for under a buck. depending on who is interested, we could do a group of 5 or 10 or whatever. you make your whatever, and mail it out to your five (or ten) people. they do the same. total cash outlay: not very much, since you likely have supplies already on hand. (postage should be cheap, especially if you are making jewelry or whatever...)

anyway, if anyone is interested let me know.

2. Pendants4u

Pendants4u Member

I'd be interested... I can throw in some of my interchangeable wire wrapped jewelry! I've done so well with my jewelry I will throw some in.

3. nightmarehippygirl

cool, sounds good. let's see who else is up for it.

4. smokeythebarefoot

smokeythebarefoot Member

i'm in. i make hemp jewlery, and "magic" wands when i can find proper sticks. i also crochet, i can't do anything fancy with it but i can make beanies, scarves and headbands. i hope more people want to participate, because i love the idea of trading crafts for crafts.

5. nightmarehippygirl

ok, smokey, cool deal. if we get at least 5 people, that would be good enough for me.

6. smokeythebarefoot

smokeythebarefoot Member

two more!!!! come on crafters, i know you're out there. everybody gives, everybody gets. like a group hug. who can turn down a group hug?

7. peony blossom

peony blossom Member

I would like to be in.

8. superNova

superNova Member

i sew.. but i don't really think i could make anything that cost less than $1!

9. nightmarehippygirl

that's the challenge of it! and i set such a tiny monetary amount because i wanted the swap to be fun, not all stressful and expensive. everyone makes a few little things, everyone gets a few in exchange.

for those of you who say you are in, go ahead and start working on your projects, we now have at least 6 people participating (yourself and five others). i'll give it another day or two, and see if anyone else wants in, then i'll start working on an address list.

this should be fun.

10. smokeythebarefoot

smokeythebarefoot Member

11. Terrapin Flyer

Terrapin Flyer Banned

i make pouches for yer glass, patchwork hats, and crystal/gem wraps. this sounds like a good idea. im down for it.

~shine on in love and light~
    Sundance

12. humboldthemp

humboldthemp Member

hi
    i would love to try this out
    let me know how

13. nightmarehippygirl

hum, if you want to participate, start working on your crafts, whatever they are. it looks like there are going to be between 5 and 10 of us, i'll give a definite answer soon. i will compile a list of addresses, and you can use it to mail your stuff out, on or before the due date. i'm thinking i'll "close" the swap sometime tomorrow, and then i'll post the specifics.

14. nightmarehippygirl

ok, i'm going to close the swap now. those of you that expressed interest will be getting a pm from me, requesting your name and address, and email address. once i get the list together, i'll email it to everyone.
    the swaps need to be mailed out by sat. june 5, at the latest. that should give everyone adequate time to finish. please everyone make a point to send your stuff out on time, since nobody likes to be flaked on.
    thanks for participating. i am looking forward to seeing everyone's stuff.

15. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Hang on... Arent you kinda just making uniforms?

16. nightmarehippygirl

ok, i just woke up, so maybe i'm being dense, but huh?

17. Happy_Go_Crazy

Happy_Go_Crazy Member

Sounds cool to me! :D