Suspect found!!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by scratcho, Apr 17, 2013.

1. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Suppose they are innocent (which I am leaning toward they aren't, fyi).. they are terrorists because they ran from the scene of a bombing?

And what do republicans and democrats have to do with anything. You should know by now they I think both parties are vile cesspools of corruption. So if you are insinuating that I am slanted toward republicans, you're wrong. But it sure seems apparent where your biases lie.

2. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

From what you say, you are ignorant of what happened.

They murdered a police officer in Cambridge, hijacked a car, fled to Watertown with active pursuit by Cambridge police, soon to be re-enforced with Watertown police. Near the Town Diner, the suspects and the cops had a shoot-out in which the suspects fired many rounds and threw an explosive, which happened to be a pressure-cooker type, at the cops. And one brother was killed and he was wearing an explosive vest. And then a whole lot happened.

But the point is, you are confused when you say the only reason the cops were after them is that they ran from the bombing. Read what happened -- it's quite a story. And it doesn't justify your cynicism.

3. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I have read what happened, I've been following it all along. What I was talking about is before the MIT cop was killed. I don't really want to argue about it, though. Sorry you've had to be in the thick of it all.

4. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

OK. It's just that from my perspective of being within 1.5 miles of a man willing to kill innocent people, I am giving thanks to the hard, brave work of the FBI and the various police departments. They kept us safe under extremely difficult conditions. And even tho one of their own was murdered, and three young people were killed, and 20 people had their legs blown off, they captured the guy alive so that we have the chance to discover how to prevent such evil in the future.

5. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I hope they do figure that out. My whole point in originally replying was that, to me, it's bs they stripped the rights of so many good citizens to defend themselves, their homes and their city so that they had to hole up and (hopefully) call the gov't if their house became under seige. I am glad more were not injured, although nothing can be done to undo the damage that was done to those innocent spectators. A very sad story.

6. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

7. acuarela

acuarela Member

My favorite part of these kind of incidents is how people start shouting "USA! USA! USA!" like they're sitting in the audience at the Olympics.

8. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Haha indeed. I imagine my countrymen yelling "Nederland! Nederland! Nederland!" when some criminal is picked up, but it makes me lol just thinking about it.

9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

If only everyone at the Boston Marathon had been carrying loaded AK 47s, none of this would have happened.

[​IMG]

I think they should be issued at birth...although it is a Communist weapon.....better make it M 16s..its what Jesus would want.
    [​IMG]

10. acuarela

acuarela Member

People in DR are very patriotic too. I think it's silly. I can't say they wouldn't react the same way in a situation like these because we've never had any bombings or crazy criminals, but I doubt it.

11. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

Guess that's what happens when the baseball game is canceled.

12. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Over here people would probably just say: 'good he got caught' and go on with their lives without being all panicked. Probably complaining why it took them so long to catch him, even if they got him real fast. I guess we are just a phlegmatic people.

Also if they would try to lockdown Amsterdam people would laugh and tell them to go fuck themselves.

13. acuarela

acuarela Member

They sometimes do what it's called "toque de queda" in DR. It's been done during strikes, which is basically a milder lockdown (nobody out in the streets after 7pm). Nobody really cares and people will probably just hang out at someone's house and get drunk. I guess it depends what area you live in, I'm sure there's a greater police/military presence where the people are setting car tyres on fire.

14. acuarela

acuarela Member

15. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

What jumped out at me was the fact that he wore a hoodie and smoked pot, and that the police are so inept that he got through their perimeter.

Maybe this can be the drug czar's new excuse for saying that states can't legalize weed :D

I heard he also ate fruit loops. Beware, when you see people in hoodies buying fruit loops. Especially if they have red eyes.

16. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Yeah, that was so ridiculous.

In the meantime, 50 people were killed in a bombing in Iraq like two days ago, and three of those were children.
    There is absolutely no justice in the world, not even for the dead.
    This is fucking Croatia, and we barely even get news from ALL around the world, mostly just from America. That is like....mind terrorism.

17. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Surely If You Have A Satt Internet Connection, The World Is Your Oyster...:).??

Cheers Glen.

18. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

19. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

Puzzling why the FBI went public with the images of the brothers quickly when they had already interviewed the older brother two years ago. They should have been able to identify him without going public and tipping them off, which set off a shit storm.

I'm assuming it was the FBI that decided to go public with the images.

20. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFfU7IlXE-Y

Around hear some of them would chant " se sey puda " ( I cant spell in Spanish either ) As to the kid getting through a police drag net ? He looks like an average American , not really a terroriest .
    To Piaf , we do get news on some events from Iraq . What would you want the the rest of the world do ?