Suspect found!!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by scratcho, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Really, a drill having to do with explosives when the bombs go off? Crazy coincidence.

Why is it that so many other terrorist acts have coincided with so-called "drills"?

2. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

How many "drills" have there been without any terrorist attacks happening?

Probably a factor of near infinity more.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I do too. He was so young and by all accounts a completely normal kid.

4. deviate

deviate Senior Member

5. deviate

deviate Senior Member

This could be a possibility. I have no idea what the hell happened, though I do keep my mind open to all scenarios.

6. Pressed_Rat

That is more than I can say for some people here, which is why you have my respect. Not kissing your ass, just giving props where due.

7. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

jesus christ rat ur the kind of person that thinks if a local convienent store gets held up its some type of conspiracy

8. Pressed_Rat

Are you the type of person who believes something as bogus as what the media is feeding us with regard to the Boston bombings? I mean, who do you think stands to gain from this? Muslim extremists? Please.

The government are the ones taking away your rights... not the Muslims.

I really feel bad for anyone who is a Muslim today.

9. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

By far most Muslims live peaceful and quiet lives, like human beings almost.

10. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Thanks. And for the record, I get called a conspiracy theorist pretty often at work, by some of my friends, family, and so on.

And that is just for offering up the idea of alternative scenarios. I was called unamerican in 01 for stating my issues with the official story.

I think it is largely due to people not wanting to accept that those theories or even parts of those theories could be in line with the truth. It creates unbearable anxiety in their psyche, so instead they lash out at the people offering the ideas.

11. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I bet the older brother was the only person in the world the FBI had ever interviewed. Now why didn't they follow this American citizen around for 24 hours a day when they had no evidence to do so anyway?

They completely dropped the ball, anyone who is ever suspected of anything should be trailed by the FBI for a minimum of ten years even it the laws don't allow it.

I mean come on.

They probably brainwashed him in that meeting anyway.

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

you're such a sheep :D

13. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Muslim extremists hate our government, both because it's tyrannical and out of place all over the world, and because of (ironically) our freedoms, mostly freedoms to do things that they think the government should stone you for, like pre-marital sex (or being raped) or witchcraft, or drinking alcohol, or drawing muhammad.

Muslim extremists hate us, because we do these things that our government lets us do, and we don't demand sharia law.

Muslim extremists understand us and our government much better than we do. They know that if they blow up some totally (statistically) unimportant shit, we (at large, obviously) will clamor to give up some rights in exchange for pretend safety, and that our malevolent corrupt government will be more than happy to take those rights for us.

So yeah, muslims do have a reason to attack us. Look how fucking brilliantly it worked last time, the last decade has been the ruin of a tremendous amount of american freedom, and the only reason they need is "like 9/11, prevent".

Freedom of religion is an important thing, but don't let that confuse you: islam is trash.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think it's pretty ignorant to say Islam is trash. Terrorism is also political in nature, not religious. Millions of people around the world practice Islam peacefully. It is unfortunate that governments use Islam to recruit disillusioned youth to do their dirty work and act as pawns in their political game. Don't mistake that for being representative of the religion as a whole.

15. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

something is fishy about the whole story and what surrounds it. People SHOULD do more digging, turn off the god damn tv for a bit and think long and hard about this. Not just wait to get the "official" word. I also hate how this event, or ones like it, will be (and are) used to demonize other groups of people.

16. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

that old chestnut.

"terrorists hate our freedoms and want to destroy our way of life"

we wish.

http://truththeory.com/2013/04/15/what-really-motivates-a-terrorist-the-shocking-truth/

terrorists fight for political reasons, religious persuasions are secondary, primarily a means of motivation (as usual). Terrorists do what they do for geopolitical reasons related to American foreign policy.

we might like to pretend that they want to impose a religious theocracy on all of us (maybe they do, ultimately, but it isn't their primary goal by any stretch of the imagination) because that's a way of disavowing the fact that they are attacking us because of things that we've done, rather than wahat we think we represent, but ultimately, it doesn't seem to tally with the facts of terrorism.

17. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

:sifone:

18. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

This is partially true.

And partially not.

Islam is a religion of hate, intolerance, and fascism. It's a simple fact. Christianity has the same leanings, but most christians wouldn't know the actual contents of the bible from their asshole, so it doesn't matter so much.

Yes, when you draw muhammad and people die all over the world, or you show muhammad in a bear suit (south park) and governments officially warn you that they'll let this one slide, but kill you next time.... no, there's a fucking problem. Belief must be free, but if you have a belief that demands that it's followers do horrible things to others, it may not be freely exercised, even if a half-assed belief with some repression on the murderous parts might be just fine.

Yes, we know, the US directly caused 9/11, we set osama up and then put troops in saudi arabia, because their muslim brotherhood chickens came home to roost. But that does not change the toxic, violent, ignorant nature of islam.

I understand that it's not PC, and it's totally "ignorant" to speak out against a religion, even if it's based on the facts of the religion and it's followers. But these are facts, and facts that must be recognized.

I'm also not interested in any "no true muslim" argument about it. Those muslims are not REAL muslims, because they're not nice... well read the koran and sharia shit, it's NOT nice, it's despicable. No one should be persecuted for their belief, but at the same time, if people have despicable beliefs, people need to be able to say so without fear. The fact is that the sufis may be about peace and love, but in importance to islam, that's like saying that universalist unitarians prove that church is a peaceful socially progressive institution.

They don't inherently "hate us for our freedom", I realize this. But actually, that is a large component of it. Look up videos of some of the european muslim protests, it's pretty sickening, and scary. It's what happens when you end up with a large number of muslims in a non-islamic society: they demand sharia, and use threats of violence, and if there are enough of them, actual violence.

Islam spread under the sword, and it still lives by it. It's a toxic belief and must be dealt with.

Obviously, you can't wage a real war on it, and the way to decrease islamic radicalization is the same way you decrease christian radicalization: you make life easier, give them TV dinners and ipods and family guy. Nobody wants to blow up on a chance of 72 virgins and all the watermelon you can eat, when they could go to a nightclub for 72 sluts and all the ecstacy you can eat. If you bomb them it's no surprise that they cling to the worst parts of their religion, and it's not the right way to handle things, but this does not change the fact that islam is trash.

I'm not being unfair or anything, either. Christianity has some serious trash in it, and I'm not easy on it. But the fact is these are not christian bombers. Christianity is it's own unique social toxin, and they both must be addressed.

19. deviate

deviate Senior Member

The thing that I am questioning is they went on a massive manhunt because the media and FBI labeled two suspects. No indictment, no warrant, etc. Now they don't want a public trial for this kid.

There are some suspicious things going on. But it will be just like everything else, accepted by everyone and people will get their 'closure' then it's back to blurays and take out.

20. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

There was nothing strange about the manhunt. It was an active pursuit of terrorists fleeing from a crime scene, a murder of a police officer. So don't give me bullshit about no warrant.

And the only ones not wanting a public trial are the Republicans, namely McCain, Graham, and Ayotte. They are committed to an endless war on terror, with the Constitution set aside. Obama favors a criminal prosecution in federal court.