Supporting my wife giving birth

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by NakedInfluence, Jun 24, 2020.

1. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

My wife is due in 3 weeks and we've been discussing exactly what's going to happen. She wants to give birth in hospital and knows she's going to be naked (except for maybe a bra, she usually prefers to keep them strapped down) and although she's not a nudist she's made her peace with it. She'll be going between the bed, the shower and the pool or wherever she's comfortable so it makes the most sense for her to be as close to naked as possible. The thing is I'll be helping her in and out of the pool and shower giving her massages or whatever she needs so it would be easiest if I were naked too. Do you think this will be allowed?

2. nudony

nudony Member

Are you asking if you'd be allowed naked in the room at the hospital while she's giving birth? The simple answer is "no."

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

You should get an award for original weird content..
    Best ever..

Eric!, ZenKarma and wilsjane like this.
  4. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

Yes that's what I'm asking. I know my views on nudity differ from most but in my view potentially adding to the discomfort of the midwife and other hospital staff (although they may be indifferent) is worth it to reduce my wife's discomfort.

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I was going to suggest getting the midwife, nurses and doctors (not forgetting the hospital porters and catering staff) to strip off too.
    Unfortunately, he may have taken me seriously. :yum::yum::yum:

ZenKarma likes this.
  6. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Shower and pool at the hospital? How long do you think the stay will be? Assuming no complications discharge could be as soon as the next day.

ZenKarma likes this.
  7. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

No, definately not, and do you think for one moment that during the birth your wife is really going to care whether you're bollock naked or wearing a designer suit, no she isn't. one word of advice though, get your hair cut short, it's better that way. I delivered my daughter myself, when my son was born my partner got hold of my hair and every time she felt pain she pulled, I can honestly say I now have a good idea of how painful giving birth is.

Drager1, wilsjane and ZenKarma like this.
  8. NudistTed

NudistTed The Naked Man

This must be your first birthing experience. It's not anywhere near what you're expecting it to be. Your wife will not be naked, she will have a gown on and will also have sheets covering her. Everyone else in the room will be fully clothed. If you want a nudist birthing experience you should have looked around for an institution that offers that.
    My advice is to wear your Sunday best. Better to look overdressed and silly than being kicked out or arrested cause you nakedness is inappropriate.

9. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

When our son was born, he decided to crawl out on his hands and knees. We had a midwife on an exchange training program from a remote part of the US and without a moments hesitation she opened her bag, cranked up the epidural and performed a cesarean birth. The hospital staff were mortified, having never seen such a thing, but it saved our son and possibly Jane.
    During the later discussions, the midwife told us that it was standard practice for midwives to be qualified surgeons in remote parts of the US. She was also planning to emigrate to Australia, where she could be delivering a baby hundreds of miles from the nearest hospital.
    The hospital was afraid that we were going to take legal action for unlicensed (UK) surgery , but when we realized that the duty surgeon was 3 miles away and not responding to his bleep, you can imagine our reply.

Eric! likes this.
  10. Little Old Wine Drinker

Little Old Wine Drinker Senior Member

My wife was naked most of the time for the birth of our first baby.

It was never discussed why, but I presumed she was more comfortable like that. This certainly wasn't forced on her. It did seem strange to me as a non medical person because there was a male consultant in the room as well as the female midwife and other nurses.

The midwife was a little put out that the consultant was present for a normal birth. He took a special interest because my wife was a senior nurse herself and a mutual friend had asked him to look after her.

I think that healthcare people are quite matter of fact about the patient's nudity. I doubt if they'd be quite so laid back if her husband started stripping off too. Your wife can be reassured that her dignity will be respected by doctors and nurses.

I was surprised when the consultant produced a knife from his pocket and cut her perineum (the part between the vagina and anus) to enable the baby's head to emerge more easily. Apparently, it's better cut than torn by the baby coming out. You can't afford to be squeamish about a little blood.

I hope all goes well for you both.

11. Very Fast Car

Very Fast Car Members

I have never heard of a nudist birth that includes doctors and nurses all naked, but if it's any consolation, most babies are normally born naked.:wink:

NudistTed likes this.
  12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I watch a lot of Grey's Anatomy. Along about season 15 there's an ob-gyn that recommends masturbating while giving birth! :) She suggests it to several birthing mothers throughout the course of the season. Says orgasm helps somehow... I forget what it was.

:D Ok, so I think it's a bad idea. I don't know. I guess I'm just a traditionalist. :p

13. zorro69

zorro69 Members

My wife delivered our girls by caesarian section...they never allowed me near my wife the moment i handed her over to them in the hospital for the preparation of the ops...didn't allow me to witness the nurse shave off her pussy hair or let me be present to see her in labour after that....;(

14. CyclingNaturally

CyclingNaturally Members

I sort of give the poster the benefit of the doubt, though I know it's a stretch. It depends where they live.

Where we live, things are so conservative that women giving birth are clothed almost completely. My wife was pretty upset by it, actually. Where our neighbor gave birth (in Hawaii), she was COMPLETELY naked in front of lots of people.

On the flip side, my wife has a cousin who is Pagan. She gave birth in a birthing center, and both the mom-to-be AND the husband were COMPLETELY naked in a pool, and they had no fewer than 15 friends and family standing in a circle watching them. She even posted 100s of photos on Facebook at the time. (They have since been taken down; I just checked. This was 6-7 years ago.)

So, does the OP have a fetish or asking a legit question? Could be either way. I know that I have had questions myself that people would think are odd, even though I mean to ask them with full sincerity.

15. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

I guess I have a kind of utopia in mind sometimes where people treat nudity as I do. I'm naked as much as I can - to me it's normal, comfortable and completely inoffensive. At the end of my life I want to have spent most of it naked. We all have a hanger in our wardrobe with nothing on it - it's a perfectly legitimate clothing choice that shouldn't evoke the neurosis that has led to it being made illegal in most developed countries.
    I can provide an update - my wife had our baby two weeks ago and he's perfect! She had only her bra on in the pool and there was no opportunity for me to join her as the pool wasn't big enough. I pretty much forgot all about it anyway as the goal was to deliver the baby safely and that's what happened.