Support the troops?

Discussion in 'Protest' started by earthmother, Feb 24, 2006.

1. ckalaska

ckalaska Member

Inquiring-Mind

Just for your knowledge my IQ is above average. One of my oldest brothers is a member of Mensa and also proudly served his country. I also know the Constitution which I learned in college. Yes, I even went to college.

Statements like your just shows the real you. Pathetic... very pathetic.

God Bless America!

2. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Who clearly thinks rabid nationalism and defending warmongering and the killing of inncocent civilians is in line with biblical teaching. Yep, no surprise whatsoever that you should claim that on top of all the other hate-filled nonsense you have spread around the forums.

Be gone, troll!

3. ckalaska

ckalaska Member

Thank you Lickherish for the warm welcome. I just knew I had found my home away from home here. God Bless you and God Bless America!

4. brothwood

brothwood Member

i really do not think you can call him much of a hypocrite, because as a 'christian' if you really are, you have came on these boards, trying to wind people up, and show no love so far. very un-christ like if i must say. and i doubt christ only loved one nation too. jesus is love, try it some time
    peace and love

5. Justwow

Justwow Banned

No, the whole crowd provoked the soldiers. And four people tragically paid with their lives.

6. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

actualy I support OUR troops in a way that is not easily percieved. it involves education of what our constitution actually stands for! what the ideals of our founding fathers had in mind. to expect that they do the things that they swore to.! to uphold our word as it was given! of witch none of has been done in recent yrs. witch is very rapidly transforming our.OUR military into a privet police force for multinational companies that dont pay the taxes that they should and deplete our natural resources for profit while our tax dollars support their profits!!!! some say that its to protect my freedom to say the things that i do. but yet dont see that that is being eroded very quickly. if you took the oath and you are a man of your word then lets get on whith it and hold our elected officials accountable for preserving the freedoms that we hold dear!! instead of allowing you to be the pawns to take them from us!!!!!!!

7. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

I'm ashamed to be amerikan. Embarassed and ashamed.....

None of our current problems should come as a surprise to anyone.........are people really naieve enough to believe that things are going to forever go well for a country founded on genocide and theft??

8. Inquiring-Mind

Inquiring-Mind Senior Member

To be provoked is to have no self-control. What a bunch of useless soldiers.

9. guy

guy Senior Member

support the troops?

well then, by that logic - if the troops have no moral or ethical values and they just FOLLOW ORDERS (being poor dumb troopers who have no say in what they say or do), then (if you have a conscience) YOU SHOULDN'T SUPPORT THE TROOPS.

i mean, if you were a german of ww2 , should you support the troops of the wermacht inflicting injuries on the people of europe? just because soldiers have to follow orders doesn't mean you have to support them does it? if we support the troops then it also means that we indirectly take our orders from the generals who in turn take their orders from the president, this means we support george bush. by supporting the troops it means that we condone all their actions legal and illegal by the UN and the geneva convention. think on that.

10. ckalaska

ckalaska Member

If dudenamedrob is so ashamed of being American then leave. That’s the beauty of America. You can leave and say all kinds of nasty things about it and you will not have the police at your door to arrest you and then pull out your tongue and torture you like your hero Hussein.

If someone broke into your house, raped and murdered your wife and then started to head for your kids bedroom, would you use deadly force to stop them? If you go by what you have posted on this forum you would not stop them and then you would watch your kids die and then you would be murdered too. A lot of good your pacifist would do.

You all have a miss conception about Christ. You think He would not support war but in fact has condoned it in certain circumstances. You (and sadly many other Christians) think He’s this tall dude with a beard who is always a nice, touchy feel type of guy.

When Christ found people selling in the church He didn’t say, “uh... excuse me. uh... please don’t sell here... okay?’

In Mark 11:15 it said ... he turned over tables. Not really the action of a pacifist. I could go on but I’m sure I’m falling on deaf ears.

God Bless America!

11. Dr Phibes

Dr Phibes Banned

Very well said - and that sentence is the bees knees. I am in total agreement too much time is spent analysing the political correctness of it - so what if the troops might feel alienated by the population? Its not like they are owed respect for joining a death machine - is it?
    So he's not one of mensa's brightest sparks then?
    Besides which mensa is just a culturaly biased test to make egotists proud they have a brain - whether they use it to do other than take exams is such a different matter

Heh! the same christ who said suffer little children to come unto me ?
    Like Iraqi babies that were a massive threat to the alliance of evil
    Not, of course that the axis of evil was any better - just that in my opinion
    your god is as much a criminal