Support the troops?

Discussion in 'Protest' started by earthmother, Feb 24, 2006.

1. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

folks i cant reply for awhile hous geust wont leave me be ill get back whith you in a day or two !! peace!

2. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

:sunglasse true true :p

3. freedom for all

freedom for all Member

there was a guy in britain a few days ago who refused to go to iraq and he got arrested for that. talk about freadom. if you dont go to war, you get thrown in jail. support the troops cause it isnt always their choice to go.

4. Heavy_Hearted

Heavy_Hearted Member

Ok, I want to know who thinks what about Iran.

5. nivek1969

nivek1969 Member

Unfortunately due to our dependence on oil the war is necessaary. There is no more easy oil to drill unless we drill in the refuge. I think there's some oil in some protected areas in colorado too.... But that black gold ain't ever gonna make it out of the ground in time.

Unless you live in a "green home" and drive a battery operated car, we've all contributed to the problem. Oil is running out at a pace faster than anybody expected.

The Oil boys, BUsh and CHeney know it. That's why we're there, that's why we're building the biggest bases ever in Iraq. Preservation. Surivival of the fittest.

6. Heavy_Hearted

Heavy_Hearted Member

There are no permant bases in Iraq. Have you lost your mind? The OSPEC doesn't even have buildings. They are run from tents. The only purpose of the bases they do have there is to serve as a housing unit for the troops when they aren't on the roads or in combat and to feed them. That's it. If you think the bases are so BIG why don't you look up some pictures of them? You will find out very quickly they are neither BIG or permant. If you want to talk BIG and permant bases in the Middle East you need to be looking at Quatar. At least, have a valid educated point and know what you are talking about.

7. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Not quite like that

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4897960.stm

8. cadcruzer

cadcruzer Sailing the 8 seas

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/iraq-maps.htmhere's just a few.http://www.fcnl.org/iraq/bases.htm i would say they are BIG AND "LONG TERM"..........how could you be sooooo wrong with all the info on the web?........"The trouble with most folks isn't so much their ignorance, as knowing so many things that ain't so."

9. Heavy_Hearted

Heavy_Hearted Member

A typical military base is far bigger than 15 square miles. A typical military base has a building for every operation and section it runs. Just because a certain base has a swimming pool does not qualify it as being permant. The fact still remains that most of the bases have tents to run their operations out of. The troops live in what is called a quad con. That basically means it's a moveable container type structure. Perhaps you should study up on military bases then come back and speak about it. Wrong I am not. Knowing things that are true is what I do.

10. cadcruzer

cadcruzer Sailing the 8 seas

they seem to be big enough .............

11. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

She said with a cigar perched out of the corner of her mouth.. and a faint swagger as she turned and left the room..

That or she likes watching John Grisham movies to much...?..

''you go girl''

*woop* [ i think that is the appropriate amercanism to use at this point]

12. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Survival of the fittest? Actually thats survival of the biggest baddest thief. Id rather live without oil...

13. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Support Our 'Oops'

[​IMG]

14. Heavy_Hearted

Heavy_Hearted Member

LOL :D No, I hardly ever watch John Grisham movies. I think I have read one or two of his books, but that's about it.

Ok, so now I have a question? Did you guys see where Tony Snow has been appointed to be the white house secretary of the press? I am wondering why in the world Bush would appoint him. Does Bush never watch the news or read the papers? Tony Snow has been one of the most critical news men of Bush. Is Bush trying to get beat up even more? Or perhaphs he thought if he offered Tony Snow the job and he took it Tony would no longer be able to so flagarently critize him? I certainly think this should be interesting to watch unfold at the least.

15. TimeForChange

TimeForChange Member

Live without oil....Are you crazy? No one has ever lived without oil...ever. Well, er, I guess there was the time period before oil was discovered. But, honestly life sucked back then.

16. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Seems like Bush and the people who re-elected him are trying to get beat up even more. It's like the woman who knows better but keeps going back to the abusive lover. Or, that scene from the Bill Murray movie where people were getting swatted on the ass and said "Thank you. Please, may I have another?"

17. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

You were there, then? And what do you suppose will happen when it runs out?

18. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

When it runs out the oil companies will come out with alternative energy sources which they "just" discovered. Before that happens we'll drill for oil anyplace it might be, including national parks. But I still support the troops!

19. Jennasia

Jennasia Member

A lot of people join the military because they have no other direction in life, they see no future for themselves. They go out and fight the battle for us which we may or may not agree with but there's no way to stop it. We've had wars since the beginning of time, it's just human nature and that will never change. World peace is nice to dream about but realistically it will always be just a dream.

I'm chatting online right now with a friend of mine who is away at the marines and he tells me he's lonely. Soldiers get bombed, shot, maimed, they get killed while we sit on our fat asses complaining about war. I think they deserve a little support.

20. Rev Van

Rev Van Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We're not against the soilders;
    were just against the war! (Vietnam anti-war chant)

Peace be with us all.:D