Super powers discussion

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by TrumpCards, Apr 13, 2018.

1. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

Whenever I talk to people about what kind of super powers they would want to have, my joke answer is always that I want the ability to fuck fictional characters (though unfortunately, some people don’t really find that funny).

My real answer though is I want some of Superman’s powers. As far as invincibility is concerned, I would only want that to prevent dying in a car accident or drive by shooting. As for super strength, I would love to be able to beat up anyone, but i don’t really need that one either. Running really fast and having lasers come out of my eyes is also unnecessary. Being able to see through walls and women’s clothing would be nice, but I don’t really need that one either. Superman doesn’t have to eat or drink, but he chooses to do so anyway because he’s a fucking animal (I don’t see why he doesn’t find it humiliating to have to sit on a toilet). So yes, I would want that. I don’t think Superman has to sleep, but I noticed in a couple episodes from the 90s cartoon that he wears pajamas sometimes. So I wouldn’t want to have to sleep if I could. Superman can breath underwater, but I would only want that power until I learned how to swim (finally!). As for flying, that would be really fun, and it is necessary for the last power that I really really want, but if I could have that power without having to fly, then I could do without that one too. But the power of his that I really want is his ability to time travel. Basically, if Superman flies around the Earth repeatedly he will spin the Earth backwards. Depending on how long he did it, he will go back in time and repossess his body at the time he chose. Think of the possibilities! Even at a young age, you can learn the next day’s lottery numbers and become a millionaire overnight. If you can remember a long series of numbers, you can do it repeatedly and be a billionaire. I’m pretty sure the lottery’s rigged so no one ever actually wins. But what you could do is go to a cacino and bet all of your money on red or black at a roulette table. If you fuck up, then just time travel back and try again. Then, if you’re rich, and can spend billions of years meeting and talking to everyone on the planet that was alive in your lifetime. And if you’re rich, you can pretty much marry any attractive woman you want. Hell, you might actually meet your favorite person and want to spend most of your billions of years with them (though it might be annoying to have to hear them retell the same stories and jokes sometimes. But if you prove to them you can time travel by picking out lottery numbers, then they might believe you and try not to do that). Also, I really like video games (especially RPGs). If you’re rich, you can pay a game company to custom make video games for you. Take for example the Fire Emblem games that I’m a big fan of. The games we already have have shit loads of replay value. So what if you pay a game company to make a similar type of game? If you’re creative enough, you can make millions of strategy RPGs and play them for billions of years. I suppose it might start to get really depressing after billions of years of being the only person that knows what’s going on, but fuck it! I would sell my soul for his time travel power!

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i never really understood the whole spinning the earth backwards for time travel thing. that wouldn't go back in time, it would probably just kill everyone on the planet.

but yeah, time travel would be a great super power. along with flying. and invincibility. any super power would be fun, but those are a few of the real stand out powers.

3. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

The main thing I don’t understand about it is why is it that everywhere in the universe goes back in time except just Earth? There are plenty of aliens in the Superman stories. Also, there are other Kryptonians on Earth (such as Suoergirl). Does she know about the time travel thing? And how the fuck did Superman figure out he could do that? If anyone here has read the comics, I’d really like to know.

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

did they aliens go back in time? or did they just suddenly age a couple days compared to everyone on earth? seriously, i'm not being a smartass; i really don't know the answer to that.

i've really never been a superhero fan so i don't know a lot of the lore. i just watched the old superman movies when i was a kid and i remember even then questioning the time travel thing.

5. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

I think the aliens go back in time too. It was never really said in the cartoon and I’ve never read any comics. I know that anything anywhere near the Earth’s vicinity goes back in time (such as ships in orbit).

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

seems like it would be the opposite. if a ship is in orbit and the earth suddenly spins backwards, the ship should be traveling forward in time, not backward.

again, really i think we're just killing off every living thing on earth by doing this, but if we're accepting that a temporary reversal of the earth's rotation is how time travel works, then i would think that what i said about orbiting ships would be the case.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the ultimate super power would actually be for everything difficult to be easy. of course that would include things like levitation and walking through walls.

odd thing, in animation its the other way around. gravity and the solidity of walls are things that have to be simulated. otherwise everything is weightless and passes through each other.

8. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

My super power:
    Healing Hands

20180414_063115.png

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

To be able to hold my breath indefinately in a hot tub

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

If I had a choice of super powers the first would be Omni-multilingualism (the ability to communicate in any form language) the second would be the ability to heal the sick, the third would be the ability read minds like Professor Charles Xavier in the X-Men genre, the fourth, the ability to walk through walls like Kitty Pryde in the X-Men

11. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I don't think it's in the comics, just in the Superman movie from the 70s.

12. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

If I were you, I would just stick with mind reading. Though if I couldn’t have that power, I would like to be able to heal the sick, since people will worship me and I can easily become a millionaire. Though I’d be worried I’d get kidnapped by scientists and studied for the rest of my life.

13. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

Are you sure? It’s in the 90s cartoon, which follows the comics a lot more closely than the movies. Then again, I could be wrong since I know jack shit about the comics.

14. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

To be invisible. Then, I could go anywhere at any time, and be the best spy.

15. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Honestly I couldn't say for sure it's never been done in the comics. Personally though the film and the animated series are the only times I've seen it.

There is at least one other power in those movies that I don't believe are in the comics either, which is when he makes Lois Lane forget Clark Kent is Superman.

16. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Wouldn't you rather take some money from some crooked CEOs, become a philanthropist, and maybe do the spy thing on the side? :p

Deidre likes this.
  17. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

Interesting. How did he do that? Did they give him some kind of psychic powers? Wouldn’t it have just been easier to time travel and stop her from figuring out his secret identity however she did it?

18. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

The possibilities are endless! My super powers would win! :D

19. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

It's like he uses some kind of mental power that just makes her forget. They took some liberty with the character for sure.

20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Well if you were kidnapped the ability to walk through walls would really come in handy