Sun Burn

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by CrAzYStaRR, May 10, 2004.

1. CrAzYStaRR

CrAzYStaRR Member

My 2 year old came back from her grandparents this weekend with a sunburn. Her little face is red (she looks like a racoon) and her tops of her arms are red. What can I put on them to help take the red away?
    I have cold cream, noxema, and an aloe plant.
    She isn't acting like it hurts, and it's not really hot, but it's warm.

2. DoggoD

DoggoD Member

aloe works best for me. Cools and heals real well.

3. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Aloe, definitely. Lavender helps soothe as well.

4. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

aloe, lavender

also, give vite c and vite e to help aid healing from the inside.

vite A and vite D will help as well (vite D helps prevent melanoma)--a good source for those vites is cod liver oil.

also get her to drink lots of water.

5. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

And if you can find a balanced pH cleanser, like Phisoderm, to wash her the skin won't dry out as bad.

6. Althea

Althea Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

[​IMG]

Oh I just hate when any of my boys get a sunburn (hate it when it happens to me also for that matter ;) ). When it happens though, I also use aloe (from the plant or a product that contains a substantial amount of real aloe) & lavender as some of the others mentioned. Try a few drops of lavender or chamomile essential oil in a cool bath (not cold), or cool, wet compresses gently applied to the skin. To rehydrate the skin, apply a moisturizing cream (don't use petroleum-based products since they prevent excess heat and sweat from escaping).

Oh, and nimh, ya mentioned cod liver oil. That brought up memories of my dad makin' my brother and I take a tablespoon of the cherry flavored kind everyday *shudders just thinkin' about it* lol --not knockin' your idea though.....the stuff is really good for ya.