summercamp?

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by Weepingoak, May 27, 2004.

1. Weepingoak

Weepingoak Member

HEY is anyone going to summercamp this weekend?

2. plainjanepatchwork

plainjanepatchwork Member

I am :) I can't wait!! I am a little bummed that I can't bring in my own beer. So it looks like I will be drinking Budweiser or something like that ack.

3. DrDooblittle

DrDooblittle Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

haha IM LEAVIN TOMORROW MORNING!!!!! WOOOOHHOOOOOO!!!!! just bring ur own booze!! im smuggling in a huge bottle of wine, lol. ill see all yall there!

4. plainjanepatchwork

Yep I am shhhhh! I am bringing a bottle of vodka and hopefully some beers under the seats in the car ;) I won't tell if you don't!

5. dancinmama

dancinmama Member

I'll be there!! But, not till Sunday. For all of you that are going in early Friday, you can bring coolers when you go in to set up camp. People will be selling kind beers, like last year...see you there.....:D

6. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

YES!!!!! I'll be there saturday !!!!!!

7. Weepingoak

Weepingoak Member

Were leaving tommorow too it is going to be so much fun. We are bringing in alot of booze under the food. yea I am leaving right now to grocery shop!

8. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

I had a great time saturday......moe was awesome!!! How was the weather sunday????

9. 7leafclover

7leafclover Member

Saturday was awesome with Umphrey's Mcgee, Leftover Salmon, and Moe. being the highlights. Sunday, the campground was evacuated because of a tornado warning and the acts were postponed. I missed the second night of Moe, Keller, the jazz mandolin project and the late night barn show with umphrey's.

10. livlvlife

livlvlife Member

Well it is sunday afternoon and I am home. Due to a silly thing like tornado warnings they evacuated Summer Camp. They said you could come back today, but with a 5 hour drive and the people in Chillocothe not letting you park in town, we decided to come all the way home with the storms on our tails. spent the nite at my honey's around the chicago area then drove to my house this morning. Feeling very imcomplete. bands i wanted to hear, people I wanted to find, etc. Saturday was great!

So...did you stay or did you go...if you left, did you go back and what did they do today??????

Homer, plainjane....sorry I didn't see you.

11. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

omg that sucks...........i can't belive they evacuated everyone.....did it happen sunday morning???

12. 7leafclover

7leafclover Member

It happened sunday afternoon. We left around 5 as I remember. I was majorly bummed because I have never seen keller.

13. plainjanepatchwork

wow that was a crazy weekend! After we were evacuated we hit a bed and breakfast up the street. We heard that Umphrey's was playing at the barn and letting everyone in who showed up so we went back to three sisters. Umphrey's played a great show! We went back to the bed & breakfast got up this afternoon and saw Keller and Moe. We had to leave because we had a sitter. I wish I was still there and got to catch the second Moe show. I had a great weekend!! Evacuation and all :)

ericka*~*~*

14. 7leafclover

7leafclover Member

Wow, that's awesome. I wish I would have stayed.

15. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

Wow.....sounds like quite a weekend......

I am sorry to say that I didn't stop by your booth....:( But I visited your website.....and I liked your work :)

16. Crayon

Crayon Member

Thats crazy! yall are so lucky that you got to go to summercamp, even if it was all evacuated and stuff.

I just got to take a trip to the hospital and work. bah. AND I WAS SO CLOSE. *stomps away in a fit of tears*

17. leprcon

leprcon Member

DAMN! Evacuated due to a tornado warning!? Craziness! You all should have come to the Big Wu Family Reunion!!! hehehehe Nothing could stop the fun up there!

18. Weepingoak

Weepingoak Member

we stayed the whole time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

the sunday late night show was fucking blow your mind great!

mondays shows MOE twice, Keller, o'teil, Jazz Man. Project,

I kind of got all swhilly and passed out sat. after Umphree's but was up for MOE

God I wish I could see it every weekend,

I can't belive I sat in a tent while there were tornado, rain, more rain thunder

but it was great!

19. 7leafclover

7leafclover Member

Wow thats awesome.

20. Muzz

Muzz Member

Wow, I hadn't realized Summer Camp was anything big. I live in Chillicothe (about a quarter mile from Three Sisters' Park), and I never realized so many people come to see it.