Summer

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by mart_182, Jan 6, 2005.

1. mart_182

mart_182 Member

does anybody else keep getting pangs of longing for summer? all i can think about since christmas is summer and everything about it, the way u can wake up KNOWING its a fantastic day outside, and just wander over (in the blazing sun) to a park and have a doob or just generally chill. it NEEDS to be summer again... what am i gonna do till then?

2. London Mod

London Mod Member

I have just been sitting here checking prices for my trip to Amsterdam in the summer months and boy it seems so far away.
    Cant wait now. Only 5 months to go.

3. mart_182

mart_182 Member

lol is that all? *weeps bitterly into duvet*

4. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I miss summer so much too. :( I miss the sun and I miss the warm summer nights on the beach and swimming in the moonlight and I miss the smell of summer rain... Awwww, I miss everything about summer. :(:(:(

5. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Yea ive been longing for summer and it got me really depressed. BUT NO MORE!! im going to be too buisy being EXCITED about summer :)

6. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

I'm more positive about it. I spend my summers outside as much as possible, so when winter comes around I actually see it as a welcome opportunity to do all the fun 'in door' stuff that I miss out on in the summer. Plus winter has early morning mist, log fires, snug pubs, frosty sunsets....... wouldn't miss it for the world!

7. mellow_hendrix

mellow_hendrix Member

cant wait till summer, the festivals, the beautiful weather, hangin down the beach with friends being able to go barefoot again FINALLY hehe cant wait

8. jesikhaviolet

jesikhaviolet Member

haha! there's no way i can walk outside and it be good weather. tis always raining in manchester

9. Xiola

Xiola One Lonely Seagull

Yes, I miss summer so much...I can't wait!

10. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

Ok I seem to be the only one who's dreading summer [​IMG]

*starts stocking up on factor 35*

It's horrible. It's too hot to wear anything with sleeves so half your skin is exposed, and the only way to avoid it being burnt is to coat yourself in sun cream every half an hour. And it STINKS! Can't they invent some suncream that at least smells nice?

And then there's hayfever.

And wasps.

And more exams.

And it's always too hot.

And if you want to go anywhere or do anything everything close by has to be blurry because there's no point buying prescription sunglasses if you're only going to wear them 20% of the time.

And then you get back to college and nobody can understand how you manage to be paler after summer than before. :confused:

Ah well...at least I'm not going to be wrinkly at 30 like all you sunloving freaks! [​IMG]

11. DaisaeFaerie

DaisaeFaerie Member

that's slightly dismalistic :p

i want to be near the sea somewhere hot and sunny and lovely and mmm and *sigh* *wiggles toes* bare feet on sand n waves in distance n ice cream and not wearing thousands and hundreds of clothes!!! brrr am perpetually cold in wintertime.

not that i don't like it..but it should be muuuch shorter, christmas and my birthday then summer again. ..please?

12. mart_182

mart_182 Member

sunloving freaks eh?!

*laughs as he throws back the curtain on Alomiakoda whiles she screams AAAHHH IT BURNS IT BURNS!!!!*:p

13. Maddness_At_Twilight

Maddness_At_Twilight Member

I actually pine a lot for the spring, because its a time of so much change, a time of rebirth, watching the trees develop leaves, watching animals coming out of hiding the birds across the sky coming home to nest. It’s a beautiful time, such a transformation occurs only in a few short months it’s just astounding.

But, I know what you mean. Summers the time of actions, its all going on, its all happening! Live music, fairs, circuses, street performers, and kids running about. People bare footed, smiles, laughter and I think a lot of love too!