Summer is just around the corner!

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by solemum, Sep 29, 2013.

1. solemum

solemum Member

Things are warming up here in NZ! Weather is getter hotter here in Auckland, which is great for the 'part time ' barefooters out there. For the hardy 24/7/365 barefooters like me its no different to any other time of the year.....seventh year without shoes on my feet and the enjoyment of being barefoot hasn't diminished one bit! Passing the natural lifestyle on to my two children has been the bonus too of this time, not that they need the encouragement....shoes for children is just plain dumb!

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Passed 7 Years Last August...:)

Cheers Glen.

3. solemum

solemum Member

Well done! Seems like we people living in the southern hemisphere have the stamina to go the distance....or at least don't get hassled as much by nosy busy bodies telling us to wear shoes!

4. For us here in the U.S. summer is just around the corner, too---and 4 blocks down, 2 subway regions further, a transfer to the interstate bus, and a healthy hike to the next town. Oh well, doing it all barefoot is some compensation........

5. quodlibet

quodlibet Member

Gearing up for autumn here, before (yes!) winter. But I enjoy both of those seasons. Spring and summer are great too, but I love the cold; something internally gets activated that makes me feel more alive, more keenly tuned in to the business of existence somehow, when the temperature drops and the air goes frosty. We got some decent snow round our gaff last winter, and I'll be happy to see some more this. Woolly hats, gloves, scarves, boots, warm porridge, steaming mugs of Glühwein, I love all that stuff! Seasonal change; meteorological variety. Splendid!

6. hillman30

hillman30 Member

I hibernate. Won't go out unless I have to

7. Our own B'rer Bare Bear!

8. hillman30

hillman30 Member

dont even ask me to deal with snow. that ugliness happens about 3 or 4 times. usually 1 foot deep. not amusing.

9. solemum

solemum Member

Phew! Sounds like that trip might almost get you to New Zealand! You are welcome any time, just leave your shoes at home! Always a bed here in Auckland for you!

10. :)