Summer is around the corner

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by rhasta.penguin, Apr 29, 2007.

1. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

cant you feel it? last few days i've been outside its been amazing! to bad i've had to work...but friday, went down to the beach. totally killer. watched part of the sunset...golly :D totally rad.

What are your plans for the summer? im planning on taking it real easy in june and july, so i have time to attend once in a life time events. ya know, seeing my sister graduate and getting to see my friends at music festivals.

fills me up with sunshine...only...i wish i could say it in a phrase that didnt sound so gay :D

2. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

I don't know nothin' 'bout no Summa'. :D I've been indoors for days... I only venture out at night, when I can't sing/record/mix. (o_o)

3. rhasta.penguin

sounds like a good plan. i hope to get alot of recording done in june/july. i have made a few songs, but nothing that i'd say is worthy of people to hear o_O

4. Lucifer Sam

Yeah, you need to update the MySpace. The same songs have been up there for... many a month. :stunned: I want to hear the theremin.

5. rhasta.penguin

i'll try and record a song with it. im getting better at it, but usually i have to autotune it so it doenst sound so wacky and bad :rolleyes:

i actutally do have a song that i have been working on that i want to finish that involves the theremin...its a song that is reminiscent of neutral milk hotel. only instead of a saw, its a theremin :D

i think my problem with recording more songs is both working to much, and living with people. i cant record at night cause they sleep, and they arent into the same music as i am, so i just feel weird if i try playing certain songs. i need to get a field recorder and just record everything outside. or at least, just use my mbox and record to my laptop.

6. Lucifer Sam

Field recorder. :D I need to get mine fixed... 'cause it'll be great once I can actually use it. With my computer being broken, I've been using my old four-track cassette the past few days to record song ideas for this mini opera thing, and I've been using a really old, beat up mic, and it sounds really cool and warm and distorted/overdriven, kind of like early Elliott Smith and NMH, only probably more overdriven than Elliott. I don't know, but it's fun. It's just so much more work. :tongue: I'm thinking about doing a project on just the four-track, though. It's got a neat sound, certainly.

7. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Summer is already here, it's been so HOT for the past... few weeks, or so. And I'm terribly sunburnt. :( But I don't even care coz it's summer, yayayayaay!

My plans for the summer... I'm graduating, wohooh. But then mostly I'll just be working. :( I do plan on hitting the beach whenever I can, and some festivals aaand go to Greece and some other stuff.. but yea, mostly I'll just be working. :(

8. arthur~rimbaud

arthur~rimbaud Member

i have 9 huge exams in june. :(
    but i really have lots of plans for this summer. there will be sooo many festivals and parties. in july im gonna spend 2 weeks on the beach in croatia. then when i get back i should go to greece with my friends. im really looking forward to spending every day outside, swimming, walking, doing whatever in the sun.
    and yes, i can totally feel it in the air :D

9. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

I have no plans, outside of bonnaroo. :H

Which means lots of hammock. :H

and lots of reading and writing. :H

10. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

i'm working and doing volunteer work. gonna try to get this internship thing (you get paid for though).
    beyond that, i have to attend a wedding, and convince my friend blowing money on a roadtrip to seattle is worth it.....
    oh, and i have to find a place to live, cause i'm back with my parents in two weeks, and thats not going to be happy for too long.

11. Lucifer Sam

Yeah, rub it in. :rolleyes:

12. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

haha.. hey, if i get it, i'd have money to go places not in idaho for longer than a day... so just be happy. :p

13. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I'm thinkin' about going to Bonnarroo, lots of me friends are going... but I don't know if I want to spend the money.

Anyhow... I might go to Canada, and I might just have to stay here for the next 3 months.

All I know is that the Illegal Mexicans living in a trailer across the cow field from me are listening to a ranchera version of Seasons in the Sun.

14. Lucifer Sam

Aww, I miss the illegals--such bad taste in music! I mean, surprisingly bad... :stunned:

15. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

in august i'm going out west...and i plan on some time going to montreal...i was talking to my uncle today about it
    although, my uncle hates me now....
    whatever :rolleyes:
    and yeah i want to go to PA..and camp...and work...soon we'll be starting wet t-shirt contests at work......:rolleyes:
    yeah, i love the summer and being able to lay in the grass...and not wearing shoes..fuck shoes :D

16. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

indian~summer is around the corner?
    *looks over shoulder...runs*

17. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Tour.

Camp.

Hike.

Bike.

Festies.

Jam.

Work around bit... try to get a job doing after-fest cleanups.

18. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Shit Charles, I'm headin to Damon's Bar for breakfast then I've gotta go to Trader Joe's and pick up a bunch of BS and some new shoes, tent fly, sun canopy, and trout jigs at Bass Pro Shops... later taters.

http://damonsbar.com/Menu.html Of course, no breakfast on there. :eek:

But I used to deliver all of their seafood

19. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I don't like warm weather, but I'm looking forward to summer... I'm so desperate to be out of school for a few months.

20. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

I can feel it, and it feels great [​IMG]

For the first two weeks of this summer, I'll be going down to Texas to visit some friends. Then come back, and have nothing planned for about a week. Then I'll be heading off to Italy to visit relatives which i haven't seen in forever.

When I come back, it's back to the dance studio for me. As well as dance camp, and tennis camp. I'll also be driving down to New Mexico to visit my aunt and uncle for a few weeks.

And then in august, it will be time for the BEATLEFEST!! God I'm so excited, i can't wait. It shall be a blast. [​IMG] [​IMG]

And of course in between all that, will be many festivals and get togethers, as well as some time just to myself. I'll go down to the beach, read in my hammock, garden, and be in many protests =]

it should be a joyful summer [​IMG] I'm looking forward to it.