summer 2020 camp worker

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by StrangestICouldFind, Jun 4, 2020.

1. StrangestICouldFind

StrangestICouldFind Members

i am working this summer in a small town in ohio. i need someone to maintain camp and cook some vegan meals. also interested in any work skills you may have if you would like to work too. there are plenty of campgrounds around a large lake near town. i will pay camp fees and food. if you have a bicycle or vehicle that is a plus. the work i am doing is dangerous and i do not have money to pay for helpers. i will not be staying at camp, i will be staying on the jobsite and visiting my camp worker's camp to eat and hopefully shower.
    not the greatest camping or the greatest opportunity out there, but its the only one i got for ya.

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You have my condolences...

(I live near a small town in Ohio... I'm allowed to say this)

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

to be fair, small town ohio is almost bearable in july and august. now if he said "i'm working this winter in a small town in ohio" i would be tempted to send him money or a gun or something.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

It's still small town Ohio... No matter what time of the year.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that's why i said almost bearable.

6. StrangestICouldFind

StrangestICouldFind Members

ohio is nice out in the country. i have an opportunity for a mechanic too this summer, that one might be worth some money and you can stay at camp for free.
    we have a few vehicles to work with, i would be willing to let them go to a work trade for the right person, either a mechanic or someone skilled in building trades or someone who wants to put in a ton of hours as a laborer. i can train anyone to be productive enough.
    as far as the cook goes, looking for someone to have vegan soup ready everyday at 2pm, and to maintain and secure the camp.
    again there are dozens and dozens of campgrounds within a mile or two of the jobsite, as it is a bit of a vacation spot, and with a bicycle you can travel into town no problem. i doubt i can get the jobsite habitable by winter, but if i do, you can stay on as long as you want.
    as the job progresses, i will be looking to add more people. also trying to find a way to get a small lot so we can have our own campground in the future, land is still fairly cheap out this way, i would be open to working a crew a bit if we threw all the money down on some camp land. i do own the jobsite, so my focus and resources are dedicated there.

Boss_as_Diva_Girl likes this.