Suicidal Tendencies' "13"....Honest thoughts?

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal' started by Death, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Death

Death Grim Reaper

ST has a way of making my energy level shoot through my head. This album sounds like their early 90's stuff. The music is so fast and angsty.

The lyrics however do not reflect the "teen angst" that they are known for. Now they reflect the same issues as from a grown folk's POV.

and aparently they switched to DIET pepsi! lol. (I swear I didn't steal that from the top youtube comment)

My favorite songs on this album are numbers 3, 7, 8, and 9.

The whole album is listenable though.

also, am I tripping, or is "this ain't a celebration" kind of a parody of some old song? I know it's not "celebrate good times comeon" by kool and the gang. I wanna say that the original song lyric is "this is a celebration". I could be mistaken though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDZdJWadET4"]suicidal tendencies 13 full album (2013) - YouTube

2. I only just got it so I've only listened to it a few times, glad it doesnt sound like the last album which was way back in 2001 or something, Save your mind or whatever it was called, which was a bit too happy happy joy joy

But Muir is 50 this year, so the teen skater angst thing is a bit like c'mon seriously.

Its a solid album, I just guess I want Muir to sound angrier.

3. Death

Death Grim Reaper

you must've missed "no mercy fool/suicidal family" from o-ten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM08oS6N2qY"]SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - COME ALIVE (HQ official video) - YouTube

they've always smiled. it's just a matter if it's a "playing in your unraveled intestines" smile (which qualifies them as psycho (or cyco)) or a "buy my album we're catering to your demographic" smile.

4. Death

Death Grim Reaper

I really like the round drummer who goes fast too..

5. death-metal

death-metal Member

6. Death

Death Grim Reaper

maybe i should've said "has the energy of their early nineties stuff."

I hear all those other influences. I even hear Green Day in "this ain't a celebration"

7. nanettetron

nanettetron Member

I wish they would change of the name of their album. Suicide is bad. I want to live and I want all my friends to live. A little off wholesomeness morality. Interesting.

8. Death

Death Grim Reaper

the album is calll........HAHAHA just yeah..

SUICIDAL FOR LIFE (most likely longer than yours)

the band has been named Suicidal tendencies for more than THIRTY YEARS. I don't think it is going to change anytime soon. also, I don't think you understand that they are not condoning suicide, as you would if you investigated the content and whatnot

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I only have one thought at the moment, how lame and uninspirational do they want to come across with that album title. Yes I know it's "13" ;) :p And yes, Sabbath has dissappointed me in the same regards.

10. Death

Death Grim Reaper

but they were inspired by the year it is.. lol

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yeah, imagine if everyone would choose like that :p

12. Death

Death Grim Reaper

they're starting to...