suggestion?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by short-man420, Apr 4, 2007.

1. short-man420

short-man420 Member

i've noticed quite a few threads lately about growing and harvesting and this and that related to growing your own shrooms, maybe there should be a sticky with information and a guide on how to grow your own. unless that's against the forum rules in which case don't pay any attention to this

2. Neuronaut7

Neuronaut7 Member

Go to the shroomery.org or .com or whatever it is. There's all kinds of grow FAQs and whatnot, much more (and better) information than what you'd get here.

3. short-man420

short-man420 Member

true,

but alot of people seem to be asking here and you gotta tell them all to go to shroomery, gets kinda repetitive

i think there should be at least a sticky with some FAQs about anything shroom related and people can read those before they keep putting up the same thread over and over and you can tell them that if they're planning on growing they can go to shroomery

like stated, just a suggestion

4. UsefulIdiot

UsefulIdiot Member

Its a decent idea but we could never match the amount of info that is on theshroomery and there are alot of experienced mycologists there. Personally I dont think a stickey is nessissary...

5. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

its been 7 days and all 5 of my wheat berries jars(b+) have mycial growth. :)

i can answer most all basic questions. don't get to advanced for me or ill have to direct you to the shroomery.

6. short-man420

short-man420 Member

i, personally, have no questions, i'm not planning on growing any time soon

but i just noticed that there were a few "how do i.. " threads poppin up

7. stonerkid909

stonerkid909 Member

iv gotta question if no one minds answering. i wanna grow my own, because i its like impossible to get any around here.... but tha downer is im 15 an parents are an issue. i cant really order spores, because my parents would notice.... but iv read that if you do get fresh shroom, you can just take a pice of tha flesh and put it in a starilized jar of grain. does anyone have any reccomendations or know how well this works? or have any other way of getting spores that doesnt require buying them and getting them shipped?

8. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

if you cant get mushrooms, how do you plan on getting a fresh shroom?

anyway, the mushroom has to be very fresh.
    prepare your grain as you would for any other type of inoculation.
    load the grain into your jar and prussure cook it. cool the jar, shake it up, and bring the jar to your steril envionemnt.
    take your fresh shroom out of the bag.
    sterilise an exacto knife, and take a cutting from the center of the mushrooms stem(not the outside, or chances of contaminations become greater.)
    quickly remove the lid of your steirl jar and add the mushroom tissue, then quickly seal the jar back up.
    shake your jar and put it in your incubator.

works well, and should colinize quicker than spores.