Sugar is Evil!

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by nimh, Apr 27, 2006.

1. neone

neone Member

Sugar is Sugar is Sugar. As far as your body goes it doesnt care if you ingested magical honey or the evil refined sugar. They both burn the hell out of your body the exact same way.

Your health WILL improve 5x if you cut the sugar... I just dont think you will be able to. Its easier not to.

2. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Sugar is bad yeah but raw honey is good for you with or without sugar. The sugar part of it doesn't do any good, but its better to eat raw honey then to not.

3. neone

neone Member

Honey is still bad for you.. Just because something has good things, if its still bad for you at the same time, then its just plain bad for you.

I am of course taking about using honey as a food source. Honey has many medicinal applications but like all medicine, if you abuse it then you are only going to hurt yourself in the long run.

4. Stabby

Stabby Member

If the GL of honey vs refined sugar consumed is the same then honey is better. Honey has enzymes, antioxidants and won't spike your insulin quite as quickly, and refined sugar is devoid of any benefit and actually does the opposite and leeches nutrients and impairs digestion. In the end honey will cause the notorious insulin spikes just the same and therefore should be limited to the extent that the small amount a person will be using as a sweetener wouldn't really let its positive aspects have an impact.

5. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

Soak spelt until it sprouts a tail about 1/4" long, I can eat that grain with no rise of blood sugar.

6. neone

neone Member

yeah.. but why? I could eat my feces with no spike in blood sugar too... haha

7. Stabby

Stabby Member

I don't believe that for a second. Explain to me how this works. Spelt is mostly carbohydrates. Sprouting spelt doesn't change its macronutrient composition. Carbohydrates raise blood sugar...

Am I missing something here? Maybe it's magic!