Suffering from Osteoarthritis

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by brandugh, Jun 28, 2018.

1. brandugh

brandugh Members

Hey, everyone! I was suffering from severe pain in my joints. I used several pain relief creams, but there was no difference. So I went to my family doctor. I was not able to move my leg as free as before. He carried out Xray and told that I am suffering from Osteoarthritis. As per doctor's suggestion, I made a lot of changes in my lifestyle like started doing exercise every morning so that I can control my weight. When pain comes to play I started maintaining it with an ice pack. He gave me Acetaminophen, so that the pain can be reduced. [Link removed]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2020
  2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

You’re better off just following the advice of your doctor by taking Vitamin D and K supplements, perform weight bearing exercises, and eat lots of vegetables, and high calcium foods,

3. The world is full of arthritis of some form....I've been dealing with it since 18 and hit 82...and it's all management...There is so much we can do to improve and manage....Physical therapy can help and then do it at home too.

I am more messed up since hip replacement 10 yrs ago, so they are not always the answer...some good and many not....Trauma to the body from the surgeon's tools...

I use a lot of supplements, topicals and I try many and have my favorites for my body relief..and wear a knee support and that helps a lot....

So keep managing ....

And best to cut out excessive sugars and carbs...YEP...

4. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

5. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Have had osteo-erthritis for quite a few years, have metal hips and metal knees, but unfortunately arthritis has spread into my lowewr spine. To treat the resultant pain, for the past year or so I have been having massages, but this year of course this has been differentm because Covid managed to close the massage parlour I attended during the first 5 month lock-down. I recommenced the massages again when the parlour reopened and managed to get one in October. The second one was booked in early November, but before I could get there Boris :mad: brought in the second lock-downand my massage was cancelled.

I've now managed to overcome this by visiting an Osteo-path. My first appointment was this morning - a lovely young Italian lady who is now treating my spine, massaged me and is easing the pain I have been suffering. She wants to see me again next week, so another appointment has been arranged.

6. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse