Suddenly its 1960 -- What would you miss?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Dude111, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

You fall down and hit your head;pass out and when you wake its 1960

http://www.google.com/search?q=sudde...id:hadDgi9Ysno

. . . and you have to readjust your whole lifestyle. What would you miss the most?

I tell ya what I wouldnt mi$$... THE GARBAGE IN THE WORLD NOW!!

poukepse, DrRainbow and OldAsDirt like this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

YouTube & Starbucks! :)

3. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

I would miss my I-pod, and all my music. But want to keep all rock and roll, that came out after 1960. Hell, back then it was old 45 and 33 r.p.m. records.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

about 62 years...

themnax likes this.
  5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

adulthood, personal computers, photomanipulation and computer generated imagery, most advances in technology since then.
    several i would not miss though. i would love the population being that much smaller and the world that much quieter.
    i would seriously not miss formicha franchises having replaced local indipended 'greassy spoon' cafes, nor big box corporate retailing, oh let me count so many more the ways.

dazedgatsby likes this.
  6. OldAsDirt

OldAsDirt Members

The internet, but only briefly.

7. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

I would miss the advancements in anime. It did exist though.

Dude111 likes this.
  8. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

Apparently life. I was born in 1961.....

Dude111 and Candy Gal like this.
  9. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

YEAH

I would miss you xxx

Dude111 and Scottishdk like this.
  10. All the cool power tools we have now.

Candy Gal likes this.
  11. Josephinelcajon

Josephinelcajon Joseph

NOTHING! I would love to start over.

12. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I hear that!!!!!

13. NubbinsUp

NubbinsUp Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Seatbelts and child car seats. Both had been invented, but improved design, standards, and requirements for use were still years away.

Automobiles were deathtraps back then, and ejections during collisions were very common as unrestrained humans became projectiles during crashes.

14. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Hmmm
    Now I have thought upon this possibility for a while, since.....[​IMG]

As a child (born in 1960) I do have a vague -though quite clear recollection of those times (Gagarin, Cuba, Kennedy, Profumo, Fab Four, Aberfan, England World Cup (win!!) - some concert in the US, Ali, MLK, Man on the Moon, Nessie sighted and a guy named Charlie in a land afar from me ... ) the images and thoughts of such remain.
    • From today what would I miss?(family aside)?:-
    Convenience:-
    Central Heating: beats going out to get coal to light the fire which the family would all gather around in winter months and temperatures
    Communication: a mobile phone beats trying to find a working phone booth (sometimes having to wait in line to use)
    Computers: when the libraries are closed, homework would be based on how good the education was given to us by a teacher, ones interest and aptitude to store and recall things - and requirement to get it right first time

15. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hip Forums!!

Dude111 likes this.
  16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

mostly just the personal computer and the internet, and digital electronics.
    other then this, there's more i miss now from the 1960s then there is we have now.
    a very long list indeed.
    unless you own and drive a car, the world now is far less convenient actually then it was then.

17. thefallenone1986

thefallenone1986 Members

18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Nothing except my kids.

MeAgain likes this.
  19. straightma1e

straightma1e Members

Wow, there would be a lot missed. Stuff not invented or not available yet. Where to start?

Medical
    • Open heart surgery
    • MRI's
    • Medicine advancements such as cholesterol meds, ED meds, anxiety meds, and more
    • The recognition of mental illness.
    • There's so much more in the medical field that has extended the lives of people that just wasn't available in the sixties.
    Transportation
    • Air travel is more convenient. You can get almost anywhere is the world literally over night, cheaply.
    • Railways. In Europe there are fine passenger railways. Same in Japan. The US rebuilt the rail system and the movement of cargo is very efficient.
    • Automotive advancements in safety and routing. The US Interstate Highway system. Safety improvements in cars. Simple things like power steering, power brakes, air conditioning are now standard installations. And now the advent of electric vehicles which will eventually remove the dependance of fossil fuels for propulsion.
    Communication
    • Television. Cable and satellite feeds. All digital now. So is over the air broadcasting with more selections that ever before. You had 4 networks in the 60's and they shut down at midnight. I have a TV feed from inside an F1 racer at Monaco, live, right in my living room. I can select any form of entertainment, a movie, old TV show, sport event, home improvement, history replayed, all with the push of a button on my TV remote. (If I can find the damn thing)
    • Telephones. Not only no more party lines but long gone are pay phones and long distance charges. Why? Cell phones or better yet, smart phones with more computing power than all of the moon missions of the 60's. "Hi Mom. I see you are looking well." only because my phone allows video calls - from virtually anywhere in the world.
    • Internet. I can check on my health, finances, my friends around the world, amuse myself, get answers to questions, and advice on things, all right at my fingertips. Want a recipe for cooking a great roast? Google, Bing, Yahoo, or any number of search engines will bring thousands of results in a matter of Nanoseconds. Want to know if Manchester United won yesterday? Well the results are just a click or two away. Even from down under.
    Agriculture
    • Food production is advanced to where product is readily available. There were no Chinese, Mexican, Indian, or other ethnic foods available. selections were limited to pretty much what could be produced locally.
    • Fuel and energy is being harvested from the fields. Biofuels are reducing our consumption of fossil fuels.
    • Cannabis or Marijuana is being grown and now used for medical purposes. And the high from it is a lot better, more consistent, that what we had in the 60's.
    Conveniences
    • Microwave ovens
    • Ice makers
    • GPS
    These are just a few of the things that have come about in the last sixty years I would miss if teleported back to the sixties. What I also wouldn't miss was the assassination of JKF, MLK, and RFK. The riots and bombings within our nations cities. The Vietnam war. And the cold war and nuclear threats we were so scared of.

20. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

about my thoughts exactly