Suckeroo

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Valis_77, May 8, 2004.

1. Valis_77

Valis_77 Member

Man, I really think the Hip Forums have lost something with this change they've made. I know we should give it time and all that, and we might as well get used to it because it ain't gonna change back. But still. Before it was a bit special. Different from most other boards. Now it's just another clone. Oh well, hopefully the magic is in the people...

Not bothered if this post is in the wrong place!!

2. fizzy_elf

fizzy_elf Member

i dont know, i'm kinda getting used to it already. man, i really liked the style of it before but there's all these neat little features and stuff now. i still say we should petition to get back our funky backgrounds though! hahaha :)

3. Dandelion_Blood

Dandelion_Blood Gremlin

i do agree
    back drops....
    COME BACK

4. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

The old one was ded colourful! and fun...this one is just a cheaper version of forums me thinks!

5. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

I know what you mean, but I reckon pretty soon we'll all have got used to the changes and it'll feel like second nature. Let's hope the colours will brighten up again too. I'll see if we can get our old background back. Who did you use to be on the old forums by the way?

6. Valis_77

Valis_77 Member

I was called UbiquiDP. I didn't post a great deal but I loved the sense of community I felt whenever I came here.

You're probably right. People always resist change initially. We'll probably all get used to it.

I still miss the old set-up though :)

7. Ellie-Rose

Ellie-Rose Le Muppet

I;m getting used to it already!! I'm quite enjoying it actually... Just need to do something about the backgrounds, then its all good!!:D

8. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

I think the biggest changes we are upset with are the way it looks and I am sure once the main site is up and running the way it looks can be changed within reason. There are far more cool features on this setup like my ability to have my very own mouse as an avatar, the coloured writing and ablility to change the font size and style the list goes on. Remember Skip didn't plan this change it just was forced on him so I assume he wasn't ready with all this when he did the change it just seem logical to do it when the forums got deleated. The fact that we are up and running so soon is totally amazing as it is, give it some time to settle in and get all the important things back, like personal forums etc. before we worry about backgrounds and such. It will be OK! I too do not like change but it is a fact of life get used to it I had to. I started out yesterday with "OMG I HATE THIS" and less then 24 hours later I have come to terms with it. I am sure there will be tons more changes to deal with as the site gets completely built and running they way Skip wants it to. I say he is a hero for getting us back together so soon after such a horrible incident. Well done Skip!!!!

Love & Respect for Skip
    Enonemouse

9. Graham

Graham Member

Bring back the backgrounds! :p but i still like the new features they are cool :)

10. Jim

Jim Senior Member

I think it's very refreshing and well overdue myself.. :D

11. kier

kier I R Baboon

I'm slightly bugged by a couple of bits. There are more mod tools, such as the option to scan through posts removing naughty words. it's in the faq.

oh, and the fact that enchanced users have more coo's (sp?), like having personal avatars, etc. The sig pic really get's me, oh, and one thing i can think of is i don't have the option to open attachments in messages. is that cuz i don't give money, or because i'm a "guest"?

oddly, the old forums are hanging around, what is the deal with that?

oh, and will the uk forums be linked to this one by means of a happy click?

i'm going to find more about vbulliten, the creaters (owners?) of this new system:

http://www.vbulletin.com

12. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

Once you get to memeber status you can view attachments its just a matter of time and posts not money. Graham proved that as he is now a member. Not sure about the avatar things maybe Graham can answer that as he is a member now. I am a supporter so I know I got things quicker but I have a feeling as soon as you hit member you get more features as well.

Love & Understanding
    Enonemouse

13. Peace-Phoenix

Don't worry, I promise to use all my new powers responsibly:p I may actually be able to give you member status myself, I'll have a look into it. The personal forums will eventually be incorporated into this new system, but that will take a little time. The old forums are still about so that people can access their personal forums. I think the old forums will probably be removed soon as well, once the personal forum feature has been taken to here instead. So, as nostalgic as I am, I'm just going to stick to posting on the new ones. I think it'll become second nature in time....

14. kier

kier I R Baboon

I'm not 100% sure sal, but someone mentioned leaving it to get sorted, and within a month you could log on with your old account, if that username hadnt been registered...course most of us have registered ours again, so all posts etc have gone.

and i know you wouldn't rule us with an iron rod :) ;) but it's the principle of it :p

15. Peace-Phoenix

*Smacks kier over the head with an iron rod for having principles*

It actually gives me a lot of new options for helping the community along quite nicely. Sticky threads are a huge bonus, and so are the announcements. Will really help for organising meet-ups and the like. Where did you hear about the old accounts being uploaded? Ahh well, I've registered mine, but if it's true, with any luck, I should be able to ask Skip to transfer all the details over....

16. kier

kier I R Baboon

young hippies i think, but don't bet on that! been at work :(