Such a hard choice!!!!

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by egle, May 14, 2007.

1. egle

egle Member

Right, heres my problem, my parents and family HATE my hair and the nits and the general dreadyness of it. But they know if they force me to chop them off i would just go and live somwhere else for abit. So they have been trying to bribe me with money, and get the hole family involved, I think i could blag about £120 for them to be gone. And this years festivals im screwed for cash and realy want to travel abit after my exams.

If i had them choped id cut them to about 1-2 inches and not de dreads the roots and see if i could just grow them agen from these ones natural like :D which would be quite cool and it would make my hair blue . which i already want. Without the fact i want money this year alot makes it harder , tho getting dreads was quite anoyin cos i hate my long normal hair.

so its REALY hard cos i love them but nits, and money make me wana lose them, such a hard choice!!!!

2. bunjies

bunjies Member

have you tried delacet yet?
    it really does work!!!
    i personally wouldnt cut em for money for the festie season.... £120 wont last long anyway and there is ALWAYS a way in without paying ;)
    i dont mean fence hopping (though that is an option).
    i helped out a community group who did stewarding/wardening on site at pilton (glastonbury), did a few shifts over the festie and got me ticket and wristband for payment. afterwards you can contact the office and they will pay you to litter pick the site and there you go, money for the next festival! dreadies stay intact, you get to go to the festie and earn some cash to go to the next one!
    i dont know about the travelling bit as i dont travel much because of my animals, but would £120 get you far? far enough to be worth losing your locks?
    i am completely skint at the moment, but i am (hopefully) going to at the very least pilton and the beautiful days festival. i dont know if working at the beautiful days is an option, so i might have to do some photography and sell a few prints to get enough for a ticket, or make some jewellery. heck i plan on getting married this year and i am growing veggie plants and perennials to fund it! if you wanna go you will find a way!
    back to cutting the dreads, no i wouldnt do it for money, if you want them gone then do it anyway but do it cos you want to, not for the cash.

3. egle

egle Member

indeed, but 120 would help me alot. also i kinda wna change, they will kinda be little dreads thats il see grow agen, so i kinda want it and the money and ARG its realy hard to decide,,il remove my nits and decide. but i do agree with ur points it realy isnt just the money.

Also i got my beautiful days ticket. they sold out i think, maybe il see you? U should reconise me maybe from my gallery, just yell EGLE a few times, but i might not reply, depending on how sober i am :D

4. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

i would never cut my dreads off. no matter what i was offered

5. goatboy1186

goatboy1186 Visitor

id probly cut them off if i had knits and couldnt get rid of them. thats just me.

6. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

whats a knit?

7. shedtroll

shedtroll Peace, Love & Linux

Just say "If I cut off my dreads, you'll have to shave YOUR head aswell"

Just say that it's your choice an you have a right to have dreads!

8. goatboy1186

goatboy1186 Visitor

nits are lice eggs

9. egle

egle Member

yea, and im trying to get rid, full marks and stuf doesnt work, Front line (which i handly person here Pmed me about thanks) il rethink it,

theyl let me have dreads cos they know they cant stop me, but they dont like it

10. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

oh. that sucks. isn't ther a way to kill those or something?

11. BigBongRips

BigBongRips Member

iwouldnt use frontline that shit is for dogs it designd to stay on dogs for months at a time take the money start over fresh clean your dreads ar not that long yet so it wont be to much of a setback

12. egle

egle Member

yea agreed, im thinkn that, tho in my group of m8s wel always have nits it fucking sucks!!!!!!cant get away from them

13. shedtroll

shedtroll Peace, Love & Linux

Ever tried this?

14. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

jeez 120?
    i was offered thousands to cut mine
    was offered a new pc a car or even once 10,000

the minimum id ever comnncider cuttin mine for would be..hmm 500 acres of land somewhere..or..hmm a truckload of ganj....or possibly....nah for cash would hafta be at least 40 million..

15. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

umm if theyre unable or unwilling to keep clean & not spread theyre nasty bugs arounfd then u need a better group of m8s to hang with

avoid all bug infested freinds till they're bug free..
    that simple

16. bunjies

bunjies Member

i suggest a group delacet session ;)

17. egle

egle Member

yea but ur dreads and lovly man, mine are young. We keep getting rid of out nits but little brothers and sisters get them, then it spreads quickly. its a pain, even worse if u have dreads

18. bunjies

bunjies Member

dude, where abouts are you?
    if you are near me i will have a spare bottle of delacet that you can have, its all herbal AND it repels the little buggers. i did my dreads for the 2nd time yesterday to be on the safe side and i didnt find any! so one treatment really does work, even on dreads!