Stupid Dog Owners

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Aerianne, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Why are people so fucking stupid?

I had to call the cops because the new neighbors let their two big dogs out by themselves tonight. They had already told me that one was a Pit Mix and the other looks to be a Lab Mix. The dogs charged into my yard and tried to attack my daughter and Piper, our dog.

I though the cop was going to have to spray, taze, or shoot those dogs because they charged him a few times and he had his hand on something on his gun belt.

He pulled away from our house and then stopped in front of the dog owners house. Funny how those people didn't get up and turn on their porch light until they saw a cop stop in front of their house.

Those dogs had already tried charging me and Piper a few minutes before and I took her in before they got to us.

Of course my daughter didn't believe me until she was standing in our yard and got charged by the two snarling dogs snapping and nipping at her dog.

I'm pissed. Those low life motherfuckers. They walk the dogs on leashes during the daylight and just turned them loose in the dark when they thought nobody would know it.

P.S.- No one was hurt, except my daughter's wrist is hurt where Piper pulled away from her. I ran out yelling, with a shovel, and managed to run the dogs away long enough to get all of us into the house.

2. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I am glad that everyone is alright!

At work the other day this boxer kept trying to jump through the window of our vehicle and was trying to bite my coworkers face off pretty much, while the owner just sort of fluttered around ineffectually.

If people can't keep control of their dogs, they shouldn't have them.

3. Aerianne

It was scary.

It was dark and there are bushes and trees between the porch where I was and the yard by the street where they were.

All I could think of is my daughter (27) is out there in the middle of three big dogs. I was really fearful of her getting badly hurt.

4. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I can totally understand that. People think I am ridiculous for getting nervous around aggressive dogs, but they really can hurt you.

5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Pit Bulls serve no place in society, nor do a fairly large number of people that own them. They are not only unpredictable, but very deadly because of their bite pressure.

6. Aerianne

Thanks, Rat. My dog is a registered Pit Bull.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

I dont carry a gun to defend myself against people..

8. Aerianne

We had to sell our guns to eat a few Winters ago. We have a pellet pistol...

But Mama can swing a shovel!!!

9. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Man, my dickhead neighbors used to let their slew of dogs loose randomly. They ranged from chihuahua to blood hound in size and breed and there are probably about 10, though only two or three of the bigger dogs are aggressive. But the bloodhound and his two cronies used to come over and charge at me in my own front yard. Putting up that damn fence was the best decision we ever made. But since we put up the fence, the neighbors don't let their dogs loose anymore. Pretty sure they were just doing it to begin with to fuck with us.

My next door neighbor just lately started keeping his dogs from roaming all over the neighborhood. They're not vicious dogs, but they scare the hell out of delivery drivers that don't know them. I've had to go out there and stand right beside the van, shouting through a closed window that it was okay, they weren't mean. But those damn dogs like to dig through random trashes and bring it over to our yard. I know it's random because once one of them brought a diaper over and their owner doesn't have a baby and neither do I, lol. But yeah, no real complaints now that he keeps them from wandering around like dipshits.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

11. the Nexus

the Nexus Member

I know exactly what you're going through, my old neighbors had two untrained, unsocialized, unwatched pit bulls that would break loose and attack me and my dog in my own back yard. Not the dogs fault, but I had to break one of their legs, badly, and the owners blamed me for it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

12. Aerianne

Years ago, the across the street neighbors had a very aggressive White Shepherd. It charged us in our yard all the time. It bit a neighbor girl that walked past. Finally, Animal Control took them to court but we had to go as their witnesses. It was nasty because the woman got in there and literally started screaming saying that her dog hadn't done anything and that we were racists trying to drive them out of the neighborhood.

13. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

14. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Wow..the racism card over a dog...*shakes head*

Anyways, wow, Aeri! I'm so glad your daughter and dog and everyone are okay. Yea, some dog owners are just assholes like that. I totally agree w who ever in this thread had said if you can't take care of (control being a part of it) your dog you should not own a dog.

And to the people who said stuff about pit bulls, I do not have a problem with pit bulls or any one type of dog (okay, I take that back... I am not a fan of German Shepherds!)... yes, pits can be aggressive and people can and have gotten killed. But, really it's the owner with dogs. I've known some really great pits (pit bull puppies are soo cute too!) who I trust and they are wonderful dogs. But they have good owners.
    A pit bull with a terrible owner IS scary. And that's the same for a lot of other dogs... how they are depending on what type of people their owners are.

(that said, i do sometimes see pit bulls out- and sometimes not on leashes when they are in places where leashes are required- and I do keep Cason away from them because I do not know what their owners are like... and when they are unleashed in a park, well, I'm not sure what to think as it's clearly stated they need to be leashed- it could be that their owners are totally irresponsible and not good dog owners or it could be that the dog is soo nice and friendly and safe that they're not worried at all...but I do not know either way, so if I don't know the owner and I do know my 2 yr old can be rough and run at dogs...and cats...and goats.. lol, I'm not gonna let him run up to a strange dog. But I'm like that with all dogs really- once I talk to someone about how their dog is, then and only then, do I let Case pet him...)---- but, yea, i'm pretty sure all of that is just common sense. :)

15. the Nexus

the Nexus Member

One of the best and smartest dogs I ever had the pleasure of knowing was a pit bull named Zoe, her owner's daughter taught her to eat chicken wings without testing the bones! But my worst experience with a dog was also with a pit, it's not the dog, it's the owners, but unfortunately the dogs are the ones that suffer.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

16. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

yep.

maybe certain cities and stuff should ban the owners instead. :D

17. Aerianne

I do think the Pits should be thoroughbred, registered and accounted for; and that their owners should also be certified.

Some dogs don't do well, temperment-wise, when their blood lines are mixed. That's what turned the adorable Chows into mean dogs. That mixed pit tonight has a curled tail and really pointed ears...I'm thinking Pit/Chow mix. The other looks like a Lab/Weimaraner mix.

18. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I sure am glad your daughter, you and Piper are alright!

Those neighbors sound like the epitome of dumb ass...thinking it was ok to just let them roam free at dark. Yeah I agree with AT banning owners. It seems to me the owners should have been scared their dogs might hurt someone.

I love dogs, but I've always been leary around dogs that are just running free and those I don't know and that don't know me. Even with those dogs you know, I'm still wary when they are around little children unless the dogs were raised with the kid(s) since pups. Little kids can make me want to snap at times (lol) so I can't imagine how a terrorized animal might feel.

The scariest dog I ever met was a black lab that was about as big as a pony. The owners had given him his own car to live in...like a dog house. He was mean as hell but I never really heard the whole story about it. I had way more sense than try to make friends with that devil.

19. Aerianne

You always end up making me smile, Lynn. You can make the most awful story sound kinda cute in the end.

20. Aerianne

If you're on my friends list you can see a new pic of Piper in my Animal Friends folder. She's 8 months and 62 lbs. now.