Study: More Than Half a Trillion Dollars Spent on Welfare But Poverty Levels Unaffect

Discussion in 'Politics' started by YoMama, Jul 7, 2012.

1. outthere2

outthere2 Senior Member

^
    The agenda of the Cato Institute is the issue of this thread.

2. Individual

Individual Senior Member

From what you've said about the Cato Institute, it would appear their agenda is well suited to resolving some of our worst governmental problems if only they can begin to implement the changes in areas they are trying to draw attention to. I applaud them for that.

3. outthere2

outthere2 Senior Member

Of course you applaud the very private Cato Institute for implementing changes in public policy.

You're a multi-millionaire.

For the rest of us, Cato's policies, if implemented, are clearly designed to increase poverty to reduce the wages of labor. History tells us that wealth prefers their labor as cheaply as possible, preferably in the form of slavery.

Unfortunately, you're right about this :(

The very private influence of Cato's public policies increase the disparity between those who are rich and those who are poor. And that's why you (a multi-millionaire) applaud them.

Maybe the reason for your honesty being questioned so frequently is because you seem to defend the interests of wealth as if they are also in the best interest of society. (just trying to help you out ;))

4. Individual

Individual Senior Member

outthere2,

I don't know that Cato has had any effect at all in implementing changes in public policy.

And I would have been a multi-trillionaire had I changed some of my money into Zimbabwe currency. All I was saying is that you can have great amounts of money but not be able to buy much if it is made worthless. But I'm not a multi-millionaire in U.S. currency.

I defend the interests of a free society, which in effect benefits all. Just compare the poor in the U.S. to the poor in other countries.

5. outthere2

outthere2 Senior Member

6. Individual

Individual Senior Member

Actually both, like I said it depends on which currency and you are aware that I live in Asia, not the U.S.

Your post is like shooting at a moving target, it keeps changing each time I try to respond to it.

In which currency is your question being asked? I have family in several countries, and for that reason I keep some cash on hand for each. In one case I keep a few million, which amounts to about the equivalent of $150 U.S. which can be spent quite quickly.

I represent my own interests, and have nothing at all against those who have much greater wealth than I. I simply live within my means, nothing more, nothing less.

7. outthere2

outthere2 Senior Member

That's how I'd sum this thread: "The Infinite Greed of Wealth."

Good one RooRshack!

8. outthere2

outthere2 Senior Member

You pick.

9. Individual

Individual Senior Member

Not to mention the begrudging jealousy, envy and anger aroused by those who constantly are looking for someone to blame for their feelings of being deprived.

10. outthere2

outthere2 Senior Member

...no need to get emotional ;)

11. Individual

Individual Senior Member

Do you even understand the words you use, or simply pick at random from a prepared choice of retorts?

Simply pointing out some of the facts you tend to ignore.

12. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Standard cookie cutter reply from you.

Has nothing to do with what I said, or what you'd said that I was replying to. It's inaccurate in it's (implied) statement that I have not read the constitution, and it's inaccurate in it's statement that I do non understand it. And it's generally a change of the subject, as I didn't say a word about the constitution, nor did the post I was replying to (if I recall right).

It's a red herring. You tend to make a post full of wild statements and logical failures, and then make about five red herring posts to try to make your original post look undefeated to the casual thread-skimmer, and then you start your cycle over again.

13. Individual

Individual Senior Member

Roo,

"The point of a central government is to coordinate and support regional governments. Regional governments obviously handle (or as I said, mishandle, considering all the cities and states in debt) their own affairs in most ways."

From where do you obtain that point of view?
    Any time the Federal government is being discussed, the Constitution becomes relevant in the discussion, and much more so that the Cato Institute or the Koch bros.

14. outthere2

outthere2 Senior Member

Individual:

Yeah but no one asked about "the point of a central government."

What RooRshack said.

I'd say your a fully qualified propagandist (but not a very good one).

15. Individual

Individual Senior Member

I can't help it when a post is edited after I respond to it.

I guess I'll leave you kids to play, and do something constructive for a while.

16. outthere2

outthere2 Senior Member

Who asked about "the point of a central government" then edited it out?

17. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Indie

Then why do you constantly evade debate of that issue?

You may well applaud the Cato Institute but you seem totally unable to defend their ideas. The Cato ‘solutions’ don’t seem to stand up to even mild scrutiny and your own ‘forced labour’ idea also has many criticisms outstanding against it which again you seem unable to address.

18. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Indie

Oh hell Indie not the ‘envy’ argument again it didn’t stand up to scrutiny the first time you brought it up nor the many, many times you’ve used it since.

It is not our fault that you seem totally unable to defend your own ideas.

19. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

To explain again….

While Indie constantly bangs on about the Federal government, his is an ideology it covers all levels of government.

And while he may make a big thing about the US constitution, what he is talking about is his right wing interpretation of the US constitution.

Also the thing is that the US constitution has not always saved people from exploitation.

20. Individual

Individual Senior Member

Bal,

So you don't like the U.S. Constitution?