Study finds 80% of COVID-19 Patients Were Vitamin D Deficient...

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Ajay0, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Research studies have found a correlation between Vitamin D deficiency and incidence of Covid-19 .

New Study Found 80% of COVID-19 Patients Were Vitamin D Deficient
    Study by a Boston university has revealed that sufficient levels of Vitamin D may help reduce complications, illness intensity, and death among COVID-19 patients.

Boston University School of Medicine Study Finds Vitamin D May Help Patients Fight COVID-19 Infections, But Some Question These Conclusions - Dark Daily

COVID-19: Scientists raise the vitamin D alarm

This article states that researchers and doctors have formed an international alliance to persuade governments to increase recommendations for Vitamin D intake, to reduce rising Covid hospitalisations.

It's possible that improving Vitamin D levels can provide some kind of defense till an efficacious vaccine comes up next year, hopefully.

I have been drinking a lot of chilled buttermilk these days, mixed with some lemon juice and salt, and hoping to get the necessary vitamins C and D, and immunity boost from them. I am thinking of improving the recipe with some ginger and herbs as well. :D

hotwater likes this.
  2. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Research have also shown a correlation between Vitamin D deficiency and depression too.

Studies have revealed that vitamin D receptors are spread all over the human brain, and low vitamin D status might be involved in the development of depression and other mood disorders.

Psychological Consequences of Vitamin D Deficiency

So it appears that vitamin D rich foods not only offers some degree of protection against Covid-19, it can also be therapeutic too.

3. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ooooooohhh goody, lots of Liver, Bacon & onion casseroles then !!! - luverly grub !!!

Darkheart88 likes this.
  4. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

How to Safely Get Vitamin D From The Sun

Sunshine is considered as one of the most potent sources of vitamin D.

I think the body itself seeks sunshine and has a thirst for it just like that for water.

I remember sitting in the home or workplace for long hours and feeling uncomfortable and uneasy. The sense of uneasiness was dispelled after I went outside instinctively to the sunshine outside and got a good dose of it.

The present quarantine and restrictions prevent people from getting adequate vitamin d from sunshine due to their staying indoors, to their detriment ironically. But the terrace and garden can be used in solitude for sunbathing, imho. I personally use the garden for this purpose till I fill myself up adequately with a sense of well-being charged by solar energy.