Students must wear shoes for at home zoom classes

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Nov 12, 2020.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

2. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

How does that rule get enforced?

3. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

How in the heck will they know if you are sitting in front of a video monitor? UNREAL. You're at home, give me a break! Will they have to get permission from the teacher to get up and use the bathroom in your own home?

I feel so sorry for school age children these days.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    BarefootedBoy and RT19 like this.
  4. RT19

RT19 Members

This is absolutely ridiculous! How can a school govern what a student does or doesn't wear in their own homes?!

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  5. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

6. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

7. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

8. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

9. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

10. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Well, that's an invasion of privacy, if I've ever seen one. Nobody fucking tells me what to wear at home.

I don't quite subscribe to the idea that taking your shoes off suddenly automatically boosts your academic success. So many other factors play into that, and a child with a learning disability will not suddenly experience a miraculous recovery just by taking one's shoes off. As someone, who actually went to a Nordic school, yes, we have a practice where the students don't bring their shoes into the class room. This is a matter of cleanliness and comfort, but does not automatically mean barefoot, since many kids are going to prefer socks on, especially during the frigid winter months. (But it's not expressly forbidden either, unless the teacher is a wanker.)

During my time in the system, I didn't witness any particular benefits from going shoeless. The obviously gifted and crafty ones were gonna be success stories regardless, while the obviously troubled ones, in the worst case scenarios, went on to become substance abusers, and other types of small time hoods. And sadly, I'm also aware of couple of suicides too. Point being, shoes on or off ultimately had very little to do with these outcomes. I even know a girl from back then, who once proclaimed how she felt going barefoot felt disgusting, meaning she probably didn't do it much at home either, and she's doing just fine today, running her own business.

TalonedFeet and BarefootedBoy like this.
  11. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

[​IMG]

As long as we say a new study before saying it !

TalonedFeet likes this.
  12. hippyphile

hippyphile Member

That's because ignorant people don't realize a "new study" by be right but needs to be verified by independent research. Knowledge is a process and progress is in inches. More important we teach this to children than worrying about what people wear!

13. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

How would a zoom camera even tell if a kid is wearing shoes? Who expects people to wear shoes at home anyway? A lot of shod people go barefoot at home.

BarefootedBoy, xkr404 and RT19 like this.
  14. RT19

RT19 Members

Don't tell anyone I'm working from home and I'm barefoot! Just had an online meeting barefoot too!! Haha

15. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Oh you rebel you!

RT19 likes this.
  16. One Man Band

One Man Band Member

You would need a second camera.

xkr404 likes this.
  17. xkr404

xkr404 Member

Students must wear shoes for at home zoom classes”

This is up there with the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard!

18. goodearth

goodearth Member

All they’re doing is creating rebels.

19. Antony14

Antony14 Members

I'm a tutor myself, and I teach a lot of classes online from home and I'm always barefoot. How can a camera tell something about my feet, they can see only my head and shoulders and even if they would notice (though it's almost impossible) I can't see anything weird or impolite in my bare feet at home

20. Barefoot Scout

Barefoot Scout Members

The rule doesn't even specify what kind of shoes the students should be wearing, so that makes it even more stupid. Imagine writing down a dress code rule such as this just for your students to attend their classes in bunny slippers - which they'll constantly be taking off anyway!

Antony14 likes this.