Stubbed Toes Anyone?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by cantgobarefootenough, Jan 2, 2017.

1. cantgobarefootenough

cantgobarefootenough Member

To those of you who make it a habit to go barefoot regularly...Do you find you stub your toes from time to time? I seem to be good for doing it a couple of times every summer.

2. Axle-dents happen. Ow hurts, but I don't let it keep from barefoot pleasure!

2 people like this.
  3. morrow

morrow Visitor

You only notice because of the lack of shoes..
    It's how you scuff your shoes! Without them, you scuff your your toes!

4. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

damn i got some pics of me without toenails... hell yeah i stubbed my toe

5. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

No stubbed toes since summer of 2015. But I stomped on a nail last September, clean penetration. I had to put barefooting on hold for a month so the sonowabitch could heal, it bled like a motherfucker. But that's just about it as far as major accidents go.

6. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

Sometimes it happens that i bruise my toes, for example when hiking / climbing. But it's quite rare, maybe twice or three times a year. No severe injury yet. You just walk more attentive if you are barefoot. My advice is to care to have your toenails cut short, so the risk of hurting the nails is reduced. They shouldn't protrude.

7. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

I'm barefoot in the house half the time. We have laminate flooring.
    I'll be walking around carrying something and stub my toes on a natural dog bone. I clench my teeth and know the pain is on its way up to my brain. Then a quietly yell a muffled and slowed sounding "fffuuuccckkk".

Once snapped my little toe on the treadmill undercarriage. Turned as purple as the hip forum colors.

8. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Yes I have. My toenails are a little weak so I keep them trimmed at all times. Its always the big toe in every case, never any real damage whatsoever. For this reason I'm always watching where my feet go when I'm barefooted.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

weird, it's pretty much always the pinky toe for me. which makes sense; i just got a little too close to whatever i'm walking past. seems like hitting the big toe would be a pretty severe misstep though, unless there stub cause is completely different in that case.

10. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I go barefooted sometimes at home. Normally, it's my middle toes that get the beating. The few times I went barefoot outside, I would be very careful where I would walk, so nothing never happened. I got a nail struck through my foot when I was younger. And another time I got glass struck in my foot. So, I'm careful outside. Inside though, I'm a fucking idiot. I stub the shit out of my toes. Like I said, particularly the middle ones.

11. Matje

Matje Member

When I hurt my bare toes, it always happens at home.

12. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

I stubbed my big toe against the kitchen door frame on Wednesday evening, as I attempted to squeeze past the dog while she ate from her bowl. Yes, I did swear at the time (not at the dog) and the tip of my big toe did throb for a period afterwards, leading me to suspect that bruising may develop beneath the nail. Thankfully, though, three days on from the incident, I'm pleased that the expected bruising hasn't occurred.

Since my toe nails are always neatly trimmed and filed, for both practical and aesthetic reasons (I truly do despise the sight of long toe nails), I suspect that my standards of maintenance ultimately prevented the pooling of blood beneath the nail.

13. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

My toenails are somewhat weak so I make it a point to also keep them trimmed, I also hate long toenails. For me, this helps keep any damage to my toes to a minimal. There's not too much padding on toes and when you hit one OUCH!

1 person likes this.
  14. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Stubbing toes suck but if I say its been a long time since a bad one will I jinx myself and kick something tomorrow real bad ?

I think if people wore padded gloves their whole lives then suddenly decided to go bare handed they would be getting hurt all the time too.

Spent too much of my life wearing shoes, stubbing toes was one a major reason. I did not know that before long you learn to just not do it anymore almost unconsciously watch your step no extra effort. Stubbed toe is reinforce reminder that keeps the navigation system working.

I am actually a little scared I am going to jinx myself as soon as I push that post button and say that a toe stub for me is very rare.

It cant really work that way can it ?

1 person likes this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I drop my phone on my foot last night and it still sore lol. Like on flames throbbing too.

16. SoftSoles

SoftSoles Member

Thankfully, stubbing my toes isn't a common occurrence, as I largely do pay attention to what my feet are doing when they're unshod. I guess Wednesday evening's mishap was due to the lack of space between my dog's rear end and the door frame.

When running bare foot, I do occasionally somehow manage to scrape the tips of my big toe nails upon the concrete, providing a reminder that I need to pay attention to running form. However, the damage is never severe and quickly remedied by the after care I afford my feet.

17. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I believe you are more likely to stub your toes at home than anywhere else. Just think of all the obstructions you own, there's tables, chairs, beds, sofas, desks, stands, stools, rugs and other pieces of furniture that are just waiting to catch your feet if you are not careful.

18. goodearth

goodearth Member

Sometimes when I do some extraordinarily strenuous hiking my big toe nails turn partially black from bruising. It goes away in time, though. Hiking barefoot is too fun to let it bother me. I don't think I have ever stubbed my toe. I don't let circumspect vision be distracted when walking. When I want to look at something in particular, I stop and look.

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm sure you are. it's just like when people announce that most car accidents occur within 2 miles of home; of course they do, that's where you usually are.

20. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

Leading the charge towards the stubbing...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.