Struggling

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by JDN320, Jul 5, 2020.

1. JDN320

JDN320 Members

I've been with my current girlfriend just over a year and things just don't seem to be improving in any aspect. Our sex life is terrible there is no sexual compatability and im lucky if it happens two or three times a month. At this point although my job has its own pressure and stresses I'm more at peace at work than I am at home. She has two nieces that I love like my own and really can't imagine not being apart of their lives. She is overweight and has zero self confidence and is extremely insecure that im just going to run off with a co worker or any woman that comes across my path. Like a lot of guys im not the best at communicating my feelings but I just dont know how to improve the situation. I battled depression in my life before and I dont think im quite there but im certainly unhappy and it effects me greatly.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Copy and paste what you just wrote and send it to her. That's it. That's your feelings right there.

3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Sorry that you're going through this JDN

You might want to check out the first post in this thread
    Treating Depression and Anxiety

Like Irmi suggested, contacting her via email might be an easier way to get the conversation started. Since she is insecure, you might want to include a lot of reassurance in there, but also let her know that there are things that you want to work on in the relationship.

There is no guarantee however, that she will receive this well.

If you can afford it, going to couples counseling might be an option

Hope that this all works out

4. old dr young

old dr young Members

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020