Struggling with ED and pregnant.

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Apples+Oranjes, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

2. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

It's strange, but I almost feel excited for you.

I think I'd just like you to start feeling better. Best wishes.

3. nightwriter

nightwriter Member

Best wishes for Friday.

We'll all be here giving you lots of cyber-support.

4. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

I hope all went well today!
    Best of wishes to you.

5. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

Everything went just fine.

I did almost pass out afterwards though, but that went away as soon as they gave me an ice pack,some crackers, and juice.

the whole thing only took about 3 minutes, and it wasn't painful....just really really awkward.

the staff was amazing

i feel myself again today

6. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

I'm glad that everything went good. Now that you are starting over in a way, why don't you help yourself by starting a healthy diet? You can overcome your ED if you WANT to. You just need the "want" to fix what is wrong. I was recently on the road for 3 weeks. I barely ate anything because of the lack of resources and let me tell you it really brought me down. I felt weak and I just didn't feel right. As soon as I got back to civilization I ate a nice healthy meal and I felt great. Your body really needs nurishment. You don't have to eat certain things, like meat and dairy, but you do need some sort of way to get the right form of nurishment. I wish you luck in overcoming this illness! :) We're all here for you if you need support!

7. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

another form of birth control you might want to try is the shot you only have to get it every 3months and it seems to work really well and i think you can even get your doctor to call you and remind you when your next appointment is

8. spooner

spooner is done.

actually, if you have been barely eating for a significant period of time, eating a big meal can be harmful.

9. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I am so glad to hear that and that you are happy, it wasn't a tubal and were able to get it done in the first few weeks. Relief. I hope this helps with your ed too, realizing that it complicates the entire world around you.

WHo is more worth it than yourself to work hard in order to be healthy? No one can do it for you. You are a gorgeous woman and seem really smart you'll sort it out and all will come together.

10. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

i am really glad to hear it went so well :) good luck in conquering your demons.

11. nightwriter

nightwriter Member

*hugs*

I'm glad you made it through okay.

12. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

Thanks everyone! It probably sounds pathetic but all your support really helped a lot. It's good to know that anyone, in this kind of situation, supports you.

I do want to recover from the ED, but that's going to take some time, and like spooner said, it's not always a good idea to just chow down after your body is used to eating scant amounts.

I HAVE been trying to eat a little more, everyday. And, I'm definitely trying to keep healthy right now while my body is recovering from the procedure. It's difficult right now, though, and I emotionally feel terrible eating more.... but I'll get over it someday, hopefully soon.

I do want to do some sort of women's activism in the near future. Going through this experience made me realize how important our rights are...not that I didn't know that before, but it really really hit me.

The staff at the clinic was amazing. I admire those people for what they do...not for "what they do" per se, but they do it to help people, and they are really great people for that. I don't want to come across as someone who is like, "for" abortion, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

As for birth control, I started a pill called "Loestrin" just yesterday. Anyone ever hear of it?

I also think this might be a good time/oppurtunity for me to quit smoking... I know how smoking and being on birth control can increase your risks for blood clots and the like, so I think I'm going to be quitting really soon. It's difficult for me to quit, dealing with an eating disorder, because of the weight gain factor... but once I heal from the procedure I think I'm going to start doing more exercise, and go to the gym with my roommate.

And by the way, the healing is going well too... I haven't had ANY bleeding since the procedure. I had a bit the day I got it done and that was it. I have been really tired though, so I've just been resting. I'm glad though, that I am recovering from it well.

13. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

Oh more about the birth control too, I informed my fiancee that we're doing this:
    I'm going to take the pill, we're going to use polyurethane condoms combined, and I'm going to get one of those fertility things, and avoid sex during my fertile periods.

I'm not going to let this shit happen again.

14. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

The pill and fertility watching programmes together don't work. The pill contains hormones that keep you from being fertile, so there is no fertility to observe :).

You should be fine using comdoms and the pill. :)

15. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

oh, ha, I'm an idiot.

Well thanks, now I know hehe

16. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

You must feel a great deal of relief, A&O. I am glad you are feeling better. If, or when you get hit with a "why did I do that?" thought (and a lot of womyn do) just REMIND yourself of the bad place you were in and that you did the BEST THING you could have done, in the place you were in, for your own body, and for any future pregnancies.

Healing thoughts and love,

Maggie

(((((((((((Apples+Oranges)))))))))

ps, you are NOT an idiot, you just didn't know about how the BC pill stops ovulation. So what? It Ain't no thing. Start telling yourself you are GREAT!!!!! And that YOU matter, and that people DO care about you, and that you are a smart, responsible womyn, who makes GOOD decisions for herself. You deserve the love people give you. You deserve a healthy body. You deserve to fill your body with healthy food, and, you deserve help with that goal, if that is what it takes, and getting that help only makes you a MORE responsible, more deservable womyn. :cool:

17. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

yeah, please don't call yourself an idiot!!! Not everybody knowsabout these things, and that's ok! That's what we have a comunity here, so we help each other and are there for each other!

Take your time and heal :)

Love,

Tanja

18. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

No lmao, I only said that because I read through the whole birth control pamphlet inside the box, and saw that, but it just didn't occur to me, lol.

Anyway, Thank you Maggie Sugar, I *doubt* I will ever feel that way, because not only do I know it was for the best, but I have a lot of support around me and those people don't look down on me, and feel that I made the best decision possible as well, so that helps tons I think.

My boyfriend was right by my side the whole time, holding my hand, and that helped a lot as well.

And, I rather feel GOOD about myself, than bad or guilty. I feel good for facing and dealing with a difficult obstacle right away, and sucking up any fears or worries I had and just doing what was best. I feel much stronger now. I feel good for taking care of myself, and for doing the best I can to stay healthy during this time. I feel good for learning a lesson, even if I shouldn't have let it get to that point. I feel like an adult for exploring my options, making a good decision, and being tough about it. I have more confidence now.

The only thing I feel bad about is not feeling bad at all. weird.

19. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Don't feel bad about not feeling bad. I only said that IN CASE.

You deserve to feel good about a healthy decision. :)

Take care of yourself and heal, honey.

20. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Congratulations on everything!
    Good luck with life. :D Just know that you did what was best for you and that baby.