Stripping leafs to improve yield

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Techniques' started by Rocklobster, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

was reading an article from a certain cannabis news magazine on my f book the other day that was recommending Just after mid bloom to strip big fan leafs and doing so will increase yield. Was quite brutal too, stripping away in one go so your only left with 2 or 3 big fan leafs per stem. The idea seemed to be the plant puts a lot of energy into maintaining and growing them fan leafs energy that could be better spent growing new buds from node sites that would of been shaded by the fan leafs.

Any thoughts?

2. GrassGrower

GrassGrower Member

I've never personally done it to say one way or the other but I have seen some convincing results, they at least convinced me it may not be as bad as I originally thought. I always believed the fan leaves were the power behind the plant so to speak, they harness the light, they store energy, and they fall off when the plant no longer need them. I'm still not entirely convinced I suppose or I would have done it myself by now, the results are hard to argue against sometimes though.

That being said the pictures in some examples may have been plants under 5k of lights, so next to someone growing under 400w sure, they'd look absolutely amazing.

3. max711

max711 Members

I use to take away leafes 2 times per cycle...leafes that starts yellowing have to go all the time...the reason is to give more light to the buds !!
    Just don`t take away to many at once !!