Stretching Out Opioids To Combat Chronic Pain: Potentiators, Combinations & Adjuvants

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by Nicomorphinst, May 22, 2019.

1. Nicomorphinst

Nicomorphinst Members

Orphenadrine, nefopam, chlorphenamine and caffeine taken together and on top of hydromorphone (rotated with ketobemidone and nicomorphine once or twice a year, and assorted other middling and strong narcotic analgesics for breakthrough pain), naproxen, and paracetamol seem to do a very good job of subtracting out both the burning and lightning-like pain and it actually feels like the orphenadrine in particular and perhaps the nefopam seem to help the analgesics find the pain. Tripelennamine helps IM/SC morphine, oxymorphone and so on work better as well.

I had a bad reaction to gabapentin when it was prescribed as an adjunct to morphine a long time ago, and I have noticed that the orphenadrine-nefopam-chlorphenamine-stimulant combinations (the chlorphenamine used to have phenylpropanolamine in it) actually is a better gabapentin than gabapentin, at least in my case.

The anticholinergic + opioid combination is an old tried and true method to combat especially neuropathic pain. With stimulants as well, both to prevent orthostatic hypotension and strengthen the pain killing effect, as well as reduce somnolence. Hence Brompton Mixture, Scophedal, Paracetamol with Codeine with caffeine in it and oncologists and chronic pain doctors writing for methylphenidate, dextroamphetamine, or, back in the day, pyrovalerone.

Which adjuvants and potentiators work best for folks here? Which combinations of opioids work well, such as two different opioids on top of one another or long-acting for prophylaxis plus short-acting for breakthrough pain . . .

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I know dick squat about opioids, but recently heard on the radio that pain can be a real psychological barrier. That's not to say that pain meds are irrelevant. The broadcast was discussing placebos in this study. Some people in a pain study found relief with a placebo in place of their drug!

3. Nicomorphinst

Nicomorphinst Members

Mind over matter type things can certainly help with pain, which is probably what happens with placebos in that case . . . especially if muscle spasm is also involved, things like biofeedback, meditation, visualisation and other things of the same sort can be very helpful in both reducing the feeling of pain and making the pain more responsive to medications, acupuncture, heat, cold, using pressure, percussion & vibration on acupuncture points, as well as massage, physiotherapy . . .

soulcompromise likes this.
  4. Raheem

Raheem Members

For me, I'd still go for either marijuana or magic mushrooms as alternative, instead.

5. Psychopath

Psychopath Members

If you want to increase the effects of opiates add promethazine and also clonidine. You can thank me later

colton?s likes this.
  6. colton?s

colton?s Guest

I know this thread is old dead but that is a terrible thing to say will increase opiates effects, promethazine sorta yes but both promethazine and clonidine have sedative properties to them and the only thing they will do with oates is make you really sleepy discard this thread and search on hipforums.com for opiate potentiating formula. It consists of things such as something in the triple C cold medicine category grapefruit juice, aleve and delsum cough medicine. Or something along those lines and I've been on opiates for 8 years now ish and that formula truly works but I don't think I got all those things listed completely accurate so definitely find the thread and it has dosage and everything you need for potentiating your opiates! I don't have the thread saved at the moment but I will search for it And try to remember to add it to this thread as far as promethazine and clonidin go that's just going to possibly lower your heart rate enough which might kill you

~Zen~ likes this.