Street lights and their bulbs

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by duckyx, Jun 3, 2007.

1. duckyx

duckyx Member

What kind of lighting is in a street light. like one on a road or highways Because I kinda want steal this lone light post in the middle of the woods light bulb some how. I KNOW STEALING IS BAD!!! but i dont have the cash to buy a light and all the stuff.. Also i probly wont steal it. Im not that kinda person

2. †ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg

†ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg Eminent Herbalist

Lol, is it a yellowish colored one or a white one? The yellow is soduim bulb and other is metal. Both good for pot.

3. duckyx

duckyx Member

yellow bulb. Isnt it better for flower stage though? and white is good for veg

4. †ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg

Somewhat, but you can grow prefectly good pot with it. I just suggest not getting electrocuted, seen, or cuaght. You could probably trow in a small cheap fluorescent with that one and grow 2 decent plants if not 3 if you use mylar or flat white paint.

5. PAX-MAN

PAX-MAN Just A Old Hippy

your going to need more then the bulb . you' ll need the socket , baslist and the wiring so you will need to know what your doing or ZAP your dead .and from your questions that you asking ,I don't think you do, but it's your life .

6. †ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg

Thats what I was thinking. But most secluded lights liek that have some sort of power off switch. If he turned that off and used rubber insulated whire snips and gloves he should be ok. All then he'd have to do is buy an adapater head and crimp it on.

7. duckyx

duckyx Member

I know the dangers, i just wanted to know what kind they were. Im not a stealer. I work for my stuff lol.

8. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

If its a dusk to dawn light, then no. It is run either off of a light sensor, or a timer. Either way, the power to that light is hot at all times. Yes, you can still disconnect it, but you damn well better know what you are doing because otherwise you could very well die, and if its out in the middle of nowhere, and you get hurt and need help, you might as well forget that.