Storing Tea

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Deleted member 126, May 15, 2004.

1. my buddy made lots of shroom tea last night, he said he was gonna save it for a couple of weeks, wanted to know if and how long it will stay good for????

2. nesta

nesta Banned

in the fridge it should be good for a week or two, if you freeze it and thaw it out later it should be good for up to a few months if need be (keep it airtight even in the freezer for good measure)

it may last longer either place without making you sick...but just because it can doesn't mean its a good idea to leave it there for that long because it also might not keep

3. sonik

sonik Member

I've never had it but aprx how potent is it compared to the raw shrooms?

:cool:

4. nesta

nesta Banned

although many people are under the impression that it significantly lowers the potency, in my and a number of other people's experience it does not noticibly make it weaker. it is far easier to digest than normal mushrooms, and being a liquid is absorbed much faster than raw shrooms. you have to sip it slowly, otherwise it comes on in around 10 minutes and you get nauseous anyway, which is the main reason most people choose tea over eating. i never eat them anymore, i get sick if i do. another benefit is you can make it with a bag of strong tasting tea in the cup (like earl grey or something) with a little honey and it will almost completely mask the flavor of the shrooms.

5. sonik

sonik Member

your nick should be nestea ;)

6. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

I find the effects to be different than just eating the mushrooms. There's something smoother and less mind boggling about drinking the tea. I just realized though that whenever I drank a tea is was never a 'first trip of the week' type of thing... So maybe that had somethin ta do with it.